Английский язык. Читинский Государственный Университет.
8. Каждое предложение английского языка на заказ, данное ниже, содержит ошибку. Перепишите предложения, исправив ошибки. Переведите предложения письменно на русский язык.
1. There is lot of competition
in this market. 2. She’s accountant
with Glaxo. 3. There two
secretaries in this department. 4. I
work IBM Company. 5. I would
like to speak Mr Mulcare, please. 6. I
have usually lunch between one and . 7. I often
have lunch in office. 8. He not
have a car. 9. Our company based in
9. Запишите предложения, расставив слова в правильном порядке. Переведите предложения на русский язык письменно.
1. name the company your is what of? 2. does company what the do? 3. the located where company is? 4. sales what company’s the annual are? 5. does company many how employ the people? 6. work do you for who? 7. turnover what company’s the annual is? 8. hotel many in rooms are how the there? 9. name and could give telephone your number me you?
10. Прочитайте и переведите текст устно. Заполните пропуски подходящими по смыслу словами/словосочетаниями, выбрав необходимый вариант, например 1-б.
Meet Sony’s Best-Selling President
Sony Electronic Publishing (1) …a division of Sony. (2) … makes video games and software. The President of (3) … division (4) …old – in fact he is only 30 years old! And (5) … name (6) … Olaf Olaffson.
(7) … his other job? In his free time, Olaf Olaffson (8) … novels
and short stories. In his (9) … native country,
Olaffson is (13) … busy man. He (14) … for long hours, and he travels all over the world for Sony. So how (15) … time to write? "I usually write for an hour or two every evening,” he says. "And at weekends, I often (16) … for eighteen hours, alone, on the roof of my apartment building.”
1. a) has b) is c) was d) are
2. a) she b) he c) it d) they
3. a) the b) a c) an d) –
4. a) is b) isn’t c) doesn’t d) hasn’t
5. a) him b) his c) its d) her
6. a) is b) has c) are d) does
7. a) you know b) know you c) do you know d) do know
8. a) write b) writes c) read d) reads
9. a) the b) a c) an d) –
10. a) is b) are c) has d) have
11. a) not live b) no live c) don’t live d) doesn’t live
12. a) is b) are c) have d) has
13. a) the b) a c) an d) –
14. a) work b) works c) is d) does
15. a) find he b) does he find c) finds he d) does hefinds
16. a) write b) writes c) am write d) do write
11. Прочитайте текст, переведите его устно и выполните задания после него.
Guinness: More than just a beer
When most people hear the word Guinness, they think of the Irish beer of the same name, but in fact the Guinness company is now a multinational with a vast network of joint venture companies, distributors and subsidiaries, and an annual turnover of more than £4 billion. It’s products are sold in over 200 countries worldwide.
operates mainly in the alcoholic drinks market. Its brands include a number of
famous names like Johnnie Walker,
from alcohol production, the company owns Gleneagles, the world’s famous golf
11.1. Найдите в тексте и выпишите слова/фразы, обозначающие:
1. a company with subsidiaries in a number of countries; 2. value of sales in a year; 3. all over the world; 4. strong alcoholic drinks such as gin or whisky; 5. a minority share in a company; 6. controls / manages;
7. consists of; 8. the group of people who are responsible for company decisions; 9. not full-time and not responsible for day-to-day decisions;
11.2. Переведите письменно предложения, данные ниже, согласитесь с ними или нет, обозначив свой выбор True (верно) или False (неверно).
1. About 75% of Guinness’ profits
are from spirits. 2. Guinness doesn’t only operate in the drinks market. 3.
United Distillers is a shareholder of Guinness. 4. Guinness owns LVMH. 5.
Guinness beer is made in more than 100 countries. 6. The company produces "The
Guinness Book of Records” in Gleneagles. 7. The Head Office of Guinness PLC is
11.3. Переведите письменно первый абзац текста.
12. Запишите предложения, заполнив пропуски словами, данными ниже. Переведите предложения на русский язык письменно. Выучите слова и выражения.
main leaders products/services per
1. We are a very large company. In fact, we are the _______ in the market. 2. Our _______ competitors are _______. 4. We produce 4000 tons _______ day. 5. Our main _______ are _______.
Where it is
based factory head
10. The company is _______ in … 11. The _______ office is in… 12. Our _______ is located in…
Products and services
services specializes sell manufacture
13. My company _______ in (name of the products or services). 14. Our main products /_______ are… 15. We ______ / produce / make / offer … 16. We _______ …
turnover annual employ
17. We have _______ sales of … 18. Our annual _______ is… 19. We _______ people.
graduated freelancer responsible deal unemployed
20. I’m _______ for (main areas of work, people you supervise). 21. I _______ with (areas of work, people outside the company). 22. I’m a _______, I work on short-term projects for a number of clients. 23. I’m _______ at the moment. I _______ from the university in July.
13. Ответьте письменно на вопросы о вашей компании.
1. What is the name of your company? 2. Where is your Head Office? 3. What is the size of your company? 4. In which countries do you operate? 5. What are your main products/services? 6. What are your most important markets? 7. Who are your main competitors? 8. What is your position in the company? 9. What are your main responsibilities?
10. Are you currently working on any special projects?
14. Переведите письменно на русский язык рассказ о компании. Составьте и напишите на английском языке рассказ о своей работе и компании. Используйте рассказ, данный ниже, ваши ответы на вопросы в задании 14 и лексику задания 13.
My name’s Ian McShane. I’m the group accountant for ICL Company. I’m responsible for the day-to-day accounting for the group covering financial management, management accounting, cash books, purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control and so on.
ICL employs a total of 24,000 people. The
company is based in
ICL has annual sales of more than $ 20 billion. We now operate in six different target markets: firstly retail: shops and supermarkets; then financial services; local government; healthcare; manufacturing; and finally, travel and transport.