Английский язык контрольная.
Заказ Английский язык. Контрольная. Грамматика.
Лексика сниженного стилистического тона.
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ ЯЗЫКУ №2
1. Выберите правильную форму глагола. Переведите текст устно.
In the 70s and 80s, most managers (1) expected / have expected to continue working until retirement at sixty or sixty-five. But now, the situation (2) changed / is changing. Since the beginning of the 90s, many managers in their forties and fifties (3) lost / have lost their jobs.
Sometimes the reason for making managers redundant is a company buy-out or restructuring. Also, the recession of the late 1980s and early 1990s (4) caused / has caused many redundancies. But it is also true that fixed-term contracts (5) becomes / are becoming more popular, and many companies (6) prefer / are preferring younger managers.
The result is that large numbers of unemployed managers (7) are still looking / still look for work now. And, for those who are over fifty years old, it’s not certain that they (8) are finding / will find full-time employment again.
What can a manager (9) does / do in this situation? One important lesson is that every manager must be ready for change. You know that you (10) go / are going to the office tomorrow morning, but you can’t be certain that your job (11) will exist / is existing a year from now.
2. На основании информации о двух менеджерах экспортного отдела компании Biofoods International завершите предложения, данные ниже. Переведите предложения на русский язык письменно.
1. RENATE … in 1969. 2. … from 1989 to 1995. 3. In 1996 …. 4. Since 1998 …. 5. … since February 2000. 6. PIERRE … in 1955. 7. From 1976 to 1982 …. 8. After this … from 1982 to 1990.
9. In 1990 … Biofoods. 10. … head of Export Sales in Basle since 1994.
Biofoods International, HQ, Basle, Switzerland
Export department staff for the current year
Renate b. 1969, Karlsruhe, Germany; 1989-1995 Economics and Computing, Univ. Munich; 1996 joined Biofoods as computor operator; 1998 trainee manager; February 2000 responsible for Southern Europe.
Pierre b. 1955, Amience, France; 1976-1982 electrical engineering Univ. Nates; 1983-1990 General Electronics San Diego, USA; 1990 joined Biofoods France; head of Export Sales in Basle since 1994
3. В контрольной работе по английскому языку поставьте глаголы в нужную форму Present Simple или Present Continuous.Переведите текст устно.
Then (3) I … (plan) what I’m going to do each day. This week (4) I … (not have) time to do any of that, because at the moment (5) I … (work) on a book that has to be finished by the end of the week.
(6) Books … (take) a long time to produce and (7) you … (often think) that there is plenty of time left. Then suddenly (8) you … (find) that it all has to be done in a few days! So this week (9) I … (work) extremely hard. (10) I … (not like) weeks like this one!
4. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, в нужную форму Present Simple, Present Continuous, Future Simple, Future Continuous, Future Perfect или Future Perfect Continuous. Переведите предложения на русский язык письменно.
1. Will you be able to find out when the first plane to Paris … (leave)? 2. Tomorrow, I … (ask) the boss for a rise and that’s definite! 3. By the time I retire, I … (work) here for 10,000 working days. 4. She … (fly) to Spain on Tuesday to meet our clients in Seville. 5. I … (put) the documents in the post to you first thing tomorrow. 6. Please, don’t disturb me for the next half hour, I … (phone) Tokyo. 7. Excuse me, Mr. Grey, when … you … (write) to our Chinese clients? 8. While you … (be) in Stockholm, … you … (see)Mr. Olsson? 9. Don’t worry, I’m sure the spare parts … (arrive) soon.
5. Поставьте глаголы в нужную форму Past Simple или Present Perfect. Переведите текст устно.
In a meeting held last Monday, the Marketing Department proposed that the company should change its advertising strategy. It (1) … (be) the policy in the past to use TV as the main medium for advertising our products.
However, in the last year, there (2) … (be) a number of changes. The cost of TV advertising (3) … (rise) considerably since the beginning of last year. For example, whereas a one-minute prime-time slot (4) … (cost) $500,000 last year, it now costs $750,000. In addition, the results of our TV advertising campaign last year (5) … (be) very disappointing. Market research, which we (6) … (conduct) between October and December last year, (7) … (show) only a slight increase in sales following the campaign. On the other hand, sales resulting from our radio advertising campaign (8) … (increase) substantially since last October. This is probably because we (9) … (target) a younger audience through our radio campaign by linking advertising to pop music programmes.
What is more, the cost of radio advertising (10) … (not, increase) as much as TV advertising over the last year. Our conclusion is that TV advertising should be cut in favour of greater emphasis on radio.
6. В контрольной работе по английскому языку поставьте данные предложения в страдательный залог. Начинайте свои предложения как показано. Переведите оба предложения на русский язык письменно.
1. The corporation’s sales and service organization covers the country. – The country …. 2. We enclose payment together with our order. – Payment …. 3. The customer will receive the delivery on Friday. – The delivery …. 4. They had notified him before the invoice arrived. – He …. 5. FCS are only marketing their new dental equipment in Europe. – FCE’s new dental equipment …. 6. They have enlarged the premises since my last visit. – The premises …. 7. According to a recent report the group is making similar investments in other parts of the world. – Similar investments …. 8. The clerk finally found the notes under the filing cabinet. – The notes …. 9. We will produce the components at our French factory. – The components …. 10. We will reduce costs if we use less paper. – The costs ….
7. Поставьте данные предложения в действительный залог. Начинайте свои предложения как показано. Переведите оба предложения на русский язык письменно.
1. The first fax machines were installed in 1988. – The firm …. 2. Further modifications will be made to this service to other customers. – The suppliers …. 3. The systems are easily operated by ordinary office staff. – Ordinary office staff …. 4. The new software can be mastered easily in a couple of days. – You …. 5. Increased productivity has been achieved by using better trained staff. – Using better trained staff …. 6. The invoices are now sent out a week earlier. – The department …. 7. Better results can only be achieved if you work harder. – You …. 8. The new note-taking method will be introduced in our office. – We …. 9. He wasn’t warned about the dangers of not co-operating with the personnel manager. – I …. 10. All relevant information about the meeting was supplied in advance. – The organizers ….
8. Выберите перевод, соответствующий каждому предложению.
1. When the manager returned, we were discussing our new project. 2. When the manager returned, we had already discussed our new project. 3. When the manager returned, we had to discuss our new project. 4. When the manager returned, we could discuss our new project. 5. When the manager returned, we had been discussing our new project for three hours. 6. When the manager returned, the new project had been discussed already. 7. When the manager returned, the new project was being discussed. 8. When the manager returned, we discussed the new project.
А. Когда менеджер вернулся, мы уже обсудили наш новый проект. Б. Когда менеджер вернулся, обсуждался новый проект. В. Когда менеджер вернулся, мы смогли обсудить наш новый проект. Г. Когда менеджер вернулся, мы обсуждали наш новый проект. Д. Когда менеджер вернулся, мы обсудили наш новый проект. Е. Когда менеджер вернулся, нам пришлось обсудить наш новый проект. Ж. Когда менеджер вернулся, мы обсуждали наш новый проект уже три часа. З. Когда менеджер вернулся, новый проект уже был обсужден.
9. Составьте предложение из слов, данных в скобках, опираясь на русский перевод.
1. Мы будем торговать с одной из английских фирм. (an/ business/shall/we/English/with/do/firm.) 2. Нет (не был). Он был в командировке. (no/he/was/away/on/wasn't he/business.) 3. Мы обычно выезжаем раз в две недели. (away/usually/we/a/go/once/ fortnight.) 4. М-р Джоунз купил новый персональный компьютер два дня назад. (Mr./days/new/personal/two/bought/Jones/computer/a/ ago.) 5. Он работает? (does/he/work.) 6. Я знаю м-ра Джоунза уже десять лет. (Jones/Mr./I/have/known/for/a/decade.) 7. Как долго вы работаете в Москве? (been/you/long/in/how/working/have/Moscow.) 8. Контракт не был подписан. (the/not/was/contract/signed.) 9. В следующем году будут построены другие новые дома. (new/will/next/ built/other/houses/be/year.) 10. Эти выражения благодарности обычно применяются американцами. (expressions/usually/used/are/these /gratitude/of/by/Americans.) 11. Письмо было отправлено вчера вечером. (last/was/letter/the/posted/night.) 12. Он пишет письмо своему боссу. (is/to/a/letter/his/he/writing/boss.) 13. Я (уже) закончу свою работу к 4 часам дня завтра. (my/ work/ 4/finished /have/p.m. /shall / I/by/tomorrow.) 14. Они отгрузят товары к концу этого года. (will /the/this/they/have/end/ the/shipped/of /by/goods/year.) 15. Вели ли вы переговоры с компанией «Континентл Компьютерз» на этой неделе? (talks/computers/ continental/you/this/with/have/had/week.) 16. Я написал деловое письмо к 5 часам вечера вчера. (had /by/ p.m./5 /business/letter/written/ I/the/yesterday.) 17. Должен ли м-р Джоунз выехать из Москвы сегодня вечером? (does/leave /have/to/ Moscow/Jones/Mr./tonight.) 18. Он должен сделать это сейчас. (has /he / it/to/do/now.) 19. Можете ли вы перевести это деловое письмо? (business/can/you/this/translate /letter.) 20. М-ру Джоунзу не нужно ехать туда так скоро. (Mr./there/ needn't/go/Jones/so/soon.) 21. Мне приходится туда сейчас идти. (go/ I/have/there/to/now.) 22. Вам не нужно было печатать это письмо на машинке. (to/this /have/ didn't / you/type/letter.) 23. В нашей стране наблюдается растущий интерес к совместным предприятиям. (Growing/this/ in/is/ interest/joint /a/in / there/ventures/country.)
10. Дополните предложения, вставив в них модальные глаголы, данные ниже, в нужной форме. Переведите предложения на русский язык письменно.
can can’t (don’t) have to should(n’t) must(n’t) be able to
1. We … dress smartly at work; we’re allowed to wear anything we want. 2. We … take confidential documents home with us, it’s strictly against the rules. 3. We … do evening courses paid for by the company if we choose to and lots of people take the opportunity to do them. 4. We … arrive for work on time every day but it doesn’t matter too much if we’re a bit late. 5. From the beginning of next year, we … work flexi-time if we want to. 6. We advertised for new recruits last summer but we … find anyone suitable. 7. We … see our line managers for job assessment once a year – it’s in our contracts. 8. Last year we all … sign new contracts because the company restructured. 9. We … make private phone calls at work, but it’s not a strict rule.
11. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на пройденные грамматические конструкции и явления.
1. Some economists emphasize the role of profit as a necessary incentive for innovation. 2. Profit plays an important part in determining the allocation of resources. 3. The classical economists regarded money as no more than a medium of exchange. 4. When did you reach the break-even point? 5. Changes in the total population and changes in the age distribution will affect both the total demand for goods and the composition of that demand. 6. Competition between firms will lead to the elimination of firms which are unable to change their products and their methods of production. 7. Economic conditions are changing all the time. 8. They are starting a new sales campaign next week. 9. He was working for ABC when the merger took place. 10. When population is growing fast, the proportion of people in the younger age will be increasing. 11. In many countries economic development has led to periods of rapid population growth. 12. The large-scale adoption of computer technology has had a dramatic effect on the work of the Stock Exchange. 13. Turnover has increased by 5 per cent this year. 14. When the company joined the New York stock market, it had already been on the London market for 5 years. 15. As soon as we had installed the new line, the productivity went up. 16. By then I’ll have collected the last cent of what he owes. 17. We have been developing this product for three years. 18. When Mr. Smith retires next week, he will have been working for our firm for 30 years. 19. A personnel manager has now been appointed. 20. The price of a product is determined by the interaction of demand and supply. 21. Each individual firm may obtain its components and other requirements at relatively low cost because they are being mass produced for the industry. 22. When the various statutory documents have been submitted to the registrar and have been duly accepted by him, he will issue a Certificate of the corporation which bestows upon the company a separate legal identity. 23. They sent the goods two weeks ago; so they could have arrived by now. 24. All invoices must be paid not later than 30 days from the date of issue. 25. If you want my advice, you should find another supplier.
12. Прочитайте и переведите текст устно. Выполните задания после текста.
In different countries, different conventions apply to the process of job application and interviews. In most parts of the world, it’s common to submit a typed or laser-printed CV (curriculum vitae – British English) or résumé (American English). This contain all the unchanging information about you: your education, background and work experience. This usually accompanies a letter of application, which in some countries is expected to be hand-written, not word-processed. A supplementary information sheet containing information relevant to this particular job may also be required, though this is not used in some countries.
Many companies expect all your personal information to be entered on a standard application form. Unfortunately, no tow application forms are alike, and filling in each one may present unexpected difficulties. Some personnel departments believe that the CV and application letter give a better impression of a candidate than a form.
There are different kinds of interviews: traditional one-to-one interviews, panel interviews where one or more candidates are interviewed by a panel of interviewers and even "deep-end” interviews where applicants have to demonstrate how they can cope in actual business situations. The atmosphere of an interview may vary from the informal to the formal and the interviewers may take a friendly, neutral or even hostile approach. Different interviewers use different techniques and the only rules that applicants should be aware of may be "Expect the unexpected” and "Be yourself”!
Progress interviews are interviews where employees have a chance to review the work they are doing and to set objectives for the future. Such interviews usually take place after a new employee has been working within a company for several months, and after that they may take place once or twice a year.
In different countries, and in different trades and different grades, the salary that goes with a job may be only part of the package: extra benefits like a company car or cheap housing loans, bonuses paid in a "thirteenth month”, company pension schemes, free canteen meals, long holidays or flexible working hours may all contribute to the attractiveness of a job.
12.1. Найдите в тексте 7 предложений с модальными глаголами, выпишите их, подчеркните модальные глаголы и переведите предложения письменно на русский язык.
12.2. Найдите в 4-м абзаце текста предложение, содержащее глагол в Present Continuous tense, выпишите его и переведите письменно на русский язык.
13. Прочитайте и устно переведите текст с английского, содержащий рекомендации по составлению CV/Resume. Выполните задание по английскому языку после текста.
A resume supplies the pertinent work and other experience, education, and personal information by which employers judge a job applicant’s qualifications. No resume alone will guarantee a job. But it can do a great deal to get the applicant a favorable hearing. A good resume opens doors to interviews; a poor one closes them.
Employers usually conduct personal interviews before hiring a person for a position of real responsibility. They want to learn everything they can about an applicant. They want to make certain that the applicant’s personal qualities match the requirements of position that is open. Not least, they want to see the kind of impression the applicant makes in person.
There are various ways to set up an effective resume, but at the least your resume should meet the requirements of clarity, compactness, and completeness. For most resumes, a perfectly typed and intelligently arranged listing of qualifications is sufficient. Note that the typing should be perfect – no handwritten corrections or insertions of any kind.
Once you have achieved a perfect master copy, however, the tedious work is done: from then on, you will be able to make photocopies of this master copy, and the photocopies are what you will mail out. Keep the master (do not fold it or let it get soiled) in case more copies have to be made. Should you apply for another position a year or two later, this master can easily be updated and retyped.
Depending on whether your resume is being prepared for an entry-level or a more advanced position, the weight given to the separate elements will vary. All resumes you create, however, will include the following.
1. Your name, mailing address, and phone number where you can be reached during working hours.
2. Your work experience. This category will, of course, list any jobs in the same field in which you are now seeking employment. But any related work experience should also be cited.
3. Your educational background, including any college and advanced degrees and fields of specialization.
4. Any volunteer experience, hobbies, or special skills you have that are pertinent to the job you are applying for.
5. References. It is current practice not to list the names and addresses of people willing to supply references. On your resume, instead, supply a line reading "References supplied on request”, "References available upon request”, or similar wording.
In addition, you may want to include a line indicating the type of job you are seeking.
In the past many people included personal statistics on their resumes – birth date, height and weight, marital status, and physical condition. This information is no longer considered relevant. In fact, legislation forbidding discrimination against women, against the handicapped, and so forth makes it inadvisable to include such data.
The two principal ways of setting up the information in the resume are chronological and functional.
In a chronological resume the separate categories of education and work experience are listed backward in the order of occurrence-most recent job first, then the one preceding it, and so forth; latest degree earned or latest school attended first, and so on.
In a functional resume, work experience is divided not by time but by the kind of work performed-administrative, for example, or work requiring the operation of certain machinery or equipment, and the like. The other categories (such as hobbies) follow the same pattern established for each type of resume.
Your resume will also vary somewhat depending on whether you are seeking work for the first time or have a background of related work experience to offer. If you are seeking work for the first time, list your educational background first and in the greatest detail. If you have had jobs in the field in which you are seeking employment, supply your work experience first and make it highly specific. You then may summarize your educational background in a few lines.
13.1. Переведите с английского на русский язык слова и словосочетания.
pertinent work; experience; applicant’s qualifications; conduct personal interviews; personal qualities; match the requirements; in person; handwritten corrections; tedious work; updated; working hours; employment; educational background; special skills; apply for a job; references available upon request; marital status; relevant; include. 13.2. Найдите в тексте и напишите ответы на следующие вопросы.
1. What does a resume supply? 2. What do employers usually do before hiring a person for a position of real responsibility? 3. What are the possible ways to set up an effective resume? 4. What requirements should your resume meet? 5. Are corrections and insertions permitted in the resumes? 6. What must all the resumes include? 7. Describe the two principal ways of setting up the information in the resume.
14. Руководствуясь правилами написания резюме, данными в тексте задания 13, заполните его информацией, данной ниже, расположив ее в нужном порядке.
1. St Andrew's Board of Governors, rugby, drama, chess
2. 1996-99 Intelel London, UK
National Sales Manager
- Increased sales from £60 million to £100 million.
- Doubled sales per representative from £5 to £10 million.
- Implemented Internet sales grossing £25 million
3. 1991-95 Teletrona Systems Edinburgh, UK
Northern Sales Manager
- Increased regional sales from £95 million to £200 million.
- Expanded sales team from 30 to 60 representatives.
- Suggested new services adding £35 million to revenue.
4. 1982-86 London University London, UK
– BA, Business Administration and Information Systems
– Captain of university Rugby Club.
5. 1978-82 St Andrew's School, Plymouth, UK
GCE 'A' Levels. President of school's Drama Society.
6. 1986-89 ESS Holdings Cambridge, UK
- Increased sales by 300% annually.
- Awarded company's highest sales award each year.
- Developed 'Winning Presentations' training course.
7. 1989-90 ESS Holdings Cambridge, UK
Senior Sales Representative
- Increased sales by 300% annually.
- Closed deals with 100 major new accounts.
-Won over 25 competitor clients – adding £50 million to revenue.
8. Seeking an International Sales Management position in Information Technology where my extensive sales experience will be used to the full
9. 17 King's Terrace, Richmond, Surrey, UK Tel: +44 181 123 456 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Thomas Crown
11. Languages: English – mother tongue, German – beginning
Computer literate: word-processing. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
12. Available upon request
Special skills: __________________________
15. Составьте и напишите резюме, используя информацию о себе.
16. Подготовьте ответы на следующие вопросы, которые могут быть заданы вам на собеседовании при устройстве на работу.
1. Where and when did you study? 2. Are you satisfied with the kind of education you received? 3. How can your education help you to find a good job? 4. Why did you choose to apply to our company? 5. Are you a computer user? 5. How long have you been using computers? 6. What do you use your computer for? 7. What kinds of software are you familiar with? 8. Do you like to travel on business? 9. What means of transport do you prefer when you travel on business? 10. Tell me about your last business trip. 11. Do you think business trips are necessary for each company? 12. If you have to go on a business trip, would you like to go alone or with a group of colleagues? 13. Tell me about the company you are currently working for. 14. What are your duties at work? 15. What do you like and dislike about your current job? 16. Do you have any hobby? 15. Tell me about yourself. 16. What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses? 17. Which is more important for you: status or money? Give reasons to support your answer. 18. What would you like to be doing ten years from now? 19. What are you most proud of having done recently? 20. What are your long-range goals?