Английский язык Контрольная работаАнглийский язык Контрольная работа №3
1. Прочитайте и выберите правильный вариант перевода причастий, выделенных
1) The commission draws up the rules governing examinations for those positions that Congress places in the classified civil service.
a) регулирующие b) урегулировав c) регулируя
2) In 1939 the merit system was extended to sections of state administration receiving federal grants.
a) получив b) получающие c) получая
3) One of the oldest examples of a civil service based on meritocracy is the Imperial bureaucracy of China.
a) основывающий b) основывая c) основанный
4) Having been authorized by Congress the President prescribed regulations for admission to public service.
a) будучи уполномоченным b) уполномочив c) уполномочивая
5) British civil servants are strictly excluded from politics.
a) исключив b) исключая c) исключены
6) Having come to office in 1979 Margaret Thatcher reduced the size of the civil service.
a) приходя b) придя c) приходить
7) A new civil service code was launched on 6 June 2006 to outline the core values and standards expected of civil servants.
a) выпуская b) выпустив c) выпущен
8) In late 1981 the Prime Minister announced the abolition of the Civil Service Department, transferring power over the Civil Service to the Prime Minister's Office and Cabinet Office.
a) передавая b) передав c) передающий
9) By 1998, 42 Charters had been published, and they included services provided by public service industries such as the health service and the railways, as well as by the civil service.
a) обеспечивающих b) обеспеченных c) обеспечив
10) Under the administration of Tony Blair, the influence of two Downing Street special advisers, Jonathan Powell and Alastair Campbell, both of whom were given formal power over Downing Street civil servants.
a) дана b) дав c) давая
3. Прочитайте и выберите правильные варианты перевода форм причастий, которые соответствуют словам, данным в скобках
1) In 1806, the British East India Company established a college near London for training administrators (на основании) on the recommendation of officials in China.
a) having been based b) basing c) based
2) (Будучи назначенным) as an efficiency expert with the Prime Minister's personal backing, Marks and Spencer identified numerous problems with the Civil Service.
a) having appointed b) having been appointed c) appointed
3) Margaret Thatcher immediately set about reducing the size of the civil service, (сократив) numbers from 732,000 to 594,000 over her first seven years in office.
a) cutting b) cut c) having been cut
4) The Civil Rights Act of 1965 (введенный) by Lyndon Johnson, made companies hire and promote minorities.
a) enacting b) enacted c) having enacted
5) At the height of patronage every administration was marked by massive removals of officials (работающих) for the departing administration.
a) worked b) having been worked c) working
6) The establishment of the modern civil service is closely (ассоциируется)
with the decline of feudalism and the growth of national autocratic states.
a) associating b) associated c) being associated
7) The organization of the government bureaucracy was streamlined by the creation of the General Services Administration, (объединяющую) the operations and activities of some 60 government agencies.
a) combining b) combined c) having combined
8) A Civil Service Commission and the beginnings of a system of competitive examinations were (учреждены) in Great Britain in 1855.
a) establishing b) established c) having been established
9) The Civil Service Code, (представленный) in 1996, is a concise statement of the role and responsibilities of civil servants.
a) being introduced b) having been introduced c) introduced
10) (Будучи исправленным) in 1999 the Civil Service Code took account of devolution.
a) revised b) revising c) having been revised
4. Преобразуйте предложения, используя причастия I, II вместо выделенных
жирным шрифтом частей предложений
1) The Pendleton Act classified certain jobs which were removed from the patronage ranks. 2) In the 2006-07 financial year, there were 155,482 Australian public servants who were employed under the Public Service Act. 3) In France the reforms that preceded the Revolution were the basis for the Napoleonic reforms that transformed the royal service into the civil service. 4) In 1851, Congress passed a resolution that requested Cabinet officers to formulate some plan of classifying the clerks in the several departments. 5) The Pendleton Act 1883 established the Civil Service Commission to administer a system that was based on merit rather than political connections. 6) The public had become disgusted with the scandals and costs of the Federal government under the practices that existed. 7) Presidents James Madison (1809-1817) and James Monroe (1817-1825), who were of the same political party as Thomas Jefferson, saw no need to modify the "redress the balance" civil service policy of their predecessor. 8) At the height of the patronage system, each change in administration was marked by massive removals of officials who worked for the departing administration. 9) The Civil right Act of 1965 that was enacted by Lyndon Johnson made companies hire and promote minorities. 10) The letter which is being checked now by the Minister must be sent off at once.
5. Выберите правильный переводс английского языка герундия из предложенных вариантов
1) President George Washington (1789-1797) set a high standard in political appointments in selecting his nominees.
a) выбирая b) при выборе c) когда выбирал
2) I insist on promoting an official on the basis of the judgement of superiors.
a) продвигающий b) продвигая c) продвижении
3) He objected to transforming the royal service into the civil service.
a) преобразование b) преобразовывать c) преобразовывающий
4) The text "The History of Civil Service in the United States" is worth reading.
a) прочитать b) читающий c) прочитав
5) A lot of people enjoy applying for a job in the same agency.
a) обращаться b) при обращении c) обращаясь
6) Nobody liked his idea of abolishing the Civil Service Commission.
a) отменить b) отменив c) отмена
7) It is worth stating again that a civil servant holds his office "at pleasure” and can be dismissed at any time by the Minister
a) константировать b) константирующий c) константируя
8) When I came into the office this civil servant was on the point of leaving.
a) уходить b) уходящий с) ушел
9) The Minister has finished dictating a letter to the secretary.
a) диктант b) диктовать c) диктование
10) He mentioned having read it in the paper.
a) читает b) прочитает c) читал
6. Преобразуйте предложения так, чтобы в них присутствовал Герундий. Переведите их с английского на русский язык.
1) He was surprised at the fact that in Prussia civil servants were chosen on a competitive basis. 2) He mentioned that Napoleonic reforms transformed the royal service into the civil service. 3) Do you mind if I apply for a transfer to anywhere in the civil service. 4) He insisted that he can do the work for private sector as well as government departments. 5) You may avoid many mistakes if you observe these rules. 6) When he entered the room he greeted everybody. 7) He is proud that he was promoted. 8) I don’t remember that I have ever read about the History of the Civil service before. 9) We were informed that our proposal was approved. 10) After they had spentthe whole day there they prepared their reports.
7. Постройте условные предложения I типа (реальное условие) и II типа (нереальное условие) преобразовав глаголы, данные в скобках
1) If he (to want) to change his job, he (apply) for a new job in the same agency. (CI) 2) If they (to be) of the same political party, they not (appoint) commissioners. (CII) 3) If you (be) a member of the Civil Service Commission you can (conduct) this investigation. (CI) 4) We (seceed) if our proposal (be approved) (CII) 5) I (be disappointed) if they not (prepare) their reports in time. (C I) 6) If I (be) you, I not (say) this. (CII) 7) I (to hear) his complants if I (have) time. (CI) 8) If he (be) here, he (answer) you. (CII) 9) If I (be) in his place I (refuse). (C II) 10) If he (be) here he (help) us. (CII)
8. Постройте условные предложения III типа, преобразовав глаголы, данные в скобках
1) If Lyndon Johnson (not enact) the Civil Rights Act in 1965 companies not (promote) monorities. 2) If you (conduct) the investigation, you (know) the truth. 3) If he (keep) records he not (forget) anything. 4) If you really (want) to determine his capability you (give) him practical tests. 5) If he (be) successful in doing this eligibility test he (get) this position. 6) If he not (work) hard, he not (make) progress. 7) If you (meet) him before, you (know) all the news. 8) If he (warn) me nothing (happen). 9) I (phone) him if I (know) where he works. 10) You (avoid) many mistakes if you (observe) the rules.
9. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глаголы в английском залоге
1) During the nineteenth century, civil service (to base) on the Spoils System. 2) In 1871, George Curtis (to organize) the Civil Service Reform League. 3) Women (not, to restrict) from taking the exam and being appointed to a post. 4) The Civil Service Code (to introduce) in 1996 and (to set) out the duties and responsibilities of civil servants. 5) Since September 11, 2001, the Bush Administration (to take) every opportunity available to advocate for a profound erosion of civil service protection. 6) The early years of civil service (to mark) by a period of high standards and expectations of public officials. 7) During the next 20 years, at least one civil service reform bill (to introduce) in each session of Congress. 8) The Spoils System (patronage) is the policy of giving government jobs to political party workers who (to support) a victorious candidate.