Английский язык перевод. Российский Государственный Университет Туризма и Сервиса.Английский язык
1.1. Translate the text Переведите текст.
SOLE PROPRIETORSHIP, PARTNERSHIP, CORPORATION
There are three forms organization of any business. These forms are the sole proprietorship, the partnership and the corporation. Which of these forms of organization you choose depends on such questions as the size of your business or you have partners.
A sole proprietorship is the simplest organizational form. There is one owner of the business, who usually takes the title of President. So, he or she can make any decision without consulting anyone. Such kinds of business are in the service industries, such as repairing shops, restaurants, etc.
A partnership means that there is more than one owner to carry out business. And each partner declares his or her share of profit or loss on the personal income tax return. There is a special type of a partnership, called a limited partnership, where the limited partner is not involved in the management of the firm. This form of organization is useful in such professional fields as law, insurance, and some industries, for example oil prospecting. But partnership has some disadvantages. Partnership business fails when one of the partners loses his interest or disagrees with the other.
A corporation is a more formal way of organization. It is established for the purpose of making profit and operated by managers. Corporation involves registration with a state department of commerce. There are some advantages, such as being able to attract financial resources, and to attract talented specialists and managers due to high salaries. In general, this form is economically better for business when its profit reaches a great sum of money.
1.2. Read the following statements and decide if they are true (T) or false (F).
1. The size of your business is one of the most important aspects in choosing of forms of its organization.
2. A partnership is the simplest organizational form.
3. In a partnership there is one owner of the business, who usually takes the title of President.
4. There is a special type of a partnership, called a limited partnership, where the limited partner is not involved in the management of the firm.
5. Partnership business is prosperous when one of the partners loses his interest or disagrees with the other.
6. A corporation is established for the purpose of making profit and oper¬ated by managers.
7. A sole proprietorship involves registration with a state department of commerce.
8. Such kind of business as a solo proprietorship fails in the service in-dustries, such as repairing shops, restaurants, etc.
9. In general, a corporation is economically better for business when its profit reaches a great sum of money.
10. In a corporation each partner declares his or her share of profit or loss on the personal income tax return.
1.3. Write sentences, giving some advice, as in the model.
Model: - You didn't ring me up, so I didn't know you were in trouble.
- If you had rung me up, I would have known you had been in trouble.
1. When I arrived in London, I realized that I had forgotten my camera.
2. He is an excellent specialist but I can't ask for his advice because I don't know him well.
3. You were not attentive during the test, so you have made a lot of mistakes.
4. I wanted to visit my friends in the hotel but it was too late, so I changed my mind.
5. Mary was late because she had lost her way.
6. I don't feel well. I have a terrible headache.
7. I didn't translate the text because I didn't have a dictionary.
8. I have always wanted to change my job.
9. I felt nervous and presented my report not very well.
10. I am not sure if I will get a good mark for English test because I am
not very good at it.
1.4. Complete the following sentences with the correct form of modal
verbs or their equivalent.
1. He . take part in this serious sport competition next Friday because he has broken his leg.
2. I ... help you but you hadn't asked.
3. I was interested if I ... take my sister to the party.
4. He ... watch TV after he had done his homework.
5. I . use a computer at my old work but now it is very important.
6. He ... finish his work tomorrow if nobody disturbs him.
7. Libraries are quite free and anyone who likes, . get books there.
8. Tim is not very good at chemistry. He ... study hard to pass his exams.
9. She . send a telegram because it was too late to send a letter.
10. Lilly . be at home. She is having lunch with her boyfriend.
1.5. Fill in the gaps with the correct preposition.
1. The scope . economics is indicated . the facts which it deals with.
2. Economics deals . only a tiny fraction . the whole spectrum . human behaviour.
3. The major priorities ... social policy ... Russia are the increase ... a living standard and investing . people.
4. Social workers help to sort out problems . people that turned out to be . a critical situation.
5. Arrangement . social service . some groups . population is . great importance.
6. The reforming . the social protection system is a necessary demand because the standard ... living is quite low. (Why)
7. Social workers provide people . some support.
8. Any conceivable problem might be . great importance . economics.
9. The Earth is being constantly damaged . different ways.
10. At present scientists . industrially developed countries are working
. the theory . interaction . all the atmospheric and oceanic global
1.6. Translate the following sentences. Переведите предложения.
1. Было бы неправильно уделять слишком много внимания работе с персоналом. Вы должны уделять больше внимание клиентам.
2. Жаль, что у меня нет достаточно денег, чтобы начать собствен¬ный бизнес.
3. Желательно, чтобы вы представили другие аргументы, так как вы меня не убедили.
4. Если бы это устройство могло работать при более низкой темпе-ратуре, мы бы закончили эксперимент уже завтра.
5. Мы были бы очень благодарны, если бы вы приняли участие в нашей дискуссии.
6. Ему бы хотелось найти работу лучше, но у него нет времени на поиски.
7. Необходимо, чтобы ваша компания имела достаточно большой счет в банке.
8. Возьмите и просмотрите мой доклад. Я бы хотел, чтобы вы вне¬сли соответствующие изменения, если вы с чем-то не согласны.
9. Не задавайте слишком много вопросов начальнику. Если бы я был
на вашем месте, я бы предложил открыть филиал за рубежом.
10. Необходимо, чтобы этот закон защищал права инвалидов и вете-
1.7. Translate the following sentences.
1. The teacher of Physics insisted that I should make a report for the faculty conference.
2. Would you mind if I took your mobile phone for a moment?
3. I should come and see you if I didn't live so far away.
4. I would be disappointed if my colleagues didn't come.
5. I should have visited my parents if I had been in London.
6. I wouldn't have got a bad mark in History if I had known the dates better.
7. We wouldn't go on a picnic if the weather was bad.
8. If professor Brown was here he would answer all of your questions.
9. Steve wouldn't have been late for the lecture if he had got up earlier.
10. If you had come a bit later, there would have been nobody at home.
1.8. Translate the following sentences. Point out the type of clause.
1. We have made some progress in the understanding of these regularities, although some critical aspects of the problem still remain unclear.
2. One of the disadvantages of this technique is that it gives a low degree of data accuracy, whether the above principle is introduced or not.
3. I have so little time left for my paper that I have to skip over the introductory review.
4. Until recently we have almost exclusively used the classification which became available in 1970.
5. Whether or not Professor Bright will include my article in the university journal is not known yet.
6. We consider the results of the experiment to be the same as we predicted.
7. The team of managers will have to give a public report that represents the new ways of company development.
8. I am sure the data analysis will give the answer to all the questions we have at the moment.
9. We have looked through the instructions he insisted on (upon) but we are going to follow only some of them.
10. The teacher of Computer Science touched upon the problem which
was interesting to all of us.
1.9. Fill in the gaps with the correct preposition.
1. The authorities . the university have to support the students' participation . international conferences.
2. Market researchers should find ... what consumers want and recommend the standard . quality, style . packaging and a choice . brand.
3. Today's workers tend to possess higher expectations . the working environment because they have a higher level . education.
4. Economics comprises a vast collection . descriptive material organized around a central core . theoretical principles.
5. His presentation . the new device was interesting because he spoke a lot . his own experience.
6. The conference ... New York will be held ... the sponsorship ... a private computer company.
7. A complex system . social protection measures aims . adaptation . new social economic living conditions.
8. This problem will be solved if we cooperate . some companies . other countries.
9. The team roles require leadership abilities that are expressed . the development . personal responsibility.
10. It is desirable that the investigations were quite . line . our work.
1.10. Complete the following sentences about yourself.
1. I would like to study Economics because ...
2. I wouldn't like to study economics because ...
3. If I could start my own business, I ... .
4. When I was younger I could . but now I . .
5. A week ago I had to .
6. In the nearest future I . .
7. If I were the leader of Greenpeace, ... .
8. If I had a chance to study abroad, I ... .
9. I hope that after graduating from the university I . .
10. My group-mates have always wanted to . .