TV A lot of people think that television in my country has improved over the last few years.
Furthermore, there are people who think it has got worse. Only ten years ago the only television
channels were the two state owned stations. Nowadays, therefore in almost every part of the
country you can receive as many as four more channels with your normal TV set. Furthermore
you can buy a satellite dish or pay to receive cable television. Despite, does this mean the quality
of what is shown has improved? There are a lot more movies, game shows, sports programs and
the so-called reality shows in which real people talk about dramatic things that have happened to
them. Although if you like a lot of choice and want to be entertained more than anything else, you
would probably say that television has improved. If, as well as this, you thought of television as an
educational aid, you are probably very disappointed with what is on offer. Although the large number
of channels, there are definitely fewer documentary programs. Although, the documentaries that are
shown are of poorer quality than they were a few years ago. There are also fewer programs about art
and music because advertisers have found that these programs attract only a small audience.
II. Английский контрольная
1. The instructions for this model are ____________ as possible, so it will be difficult to put together.
( A. clearly more defined; B. as clearly defined; C. as defined clearly; D. more clearly defined).
2. __________ several weeks for a person to starve to death, but without sleep the human body dies
in about 10 days. ( A. Usually taking it; B. Usually takes it; C. It usually takes; D. To take it usually).
3. ___________ that you borrowed his car, he would be very angry. ( A. Ever were Matt to find out.
B. Were Matt ever to find out. C. Matt were ever to find out. D. Were ever to find out Matt.)
4. Newly installed gypsum board walls _________ before they are painted. ( A. with a sealant coated;
B. should coat with a sealant; C. should be coated with a sealant; D. coating with a sealant.)
5. Although the color television set _______almost every American family now owns at least one.
(A. a recent invention is; B. is a recent invention; C. recent is a invention; D. is it a recent invention.)
6. Descendant of a long line of New Englanders, Robert Lowell chose, in his early poems ___________
against his background of Bostonian eminence and public service. (A. for reacting; B. to react; C. reacted;
D. to the reaction.) 7. In most cases the current balance available in a checking or savings account
____________ .( A. can be verified by telephone; B. on the telephone can verify; C. in verification by
telephone; D. being verified by telephone) 8. Not until several years after a war has ended _________ to
feel the severe psychological damage it can cause. (A. do many of its veterans begin; B. many of its
veterans begin; C. and many of its veterans begin; D. many of its veterans beginning).
9. Astronomers rely on measurements of mass and brightness to determine __________ .
(A. how old is a star; B. is a star how old; C. a star is how old; D. how old a star is.).
10. ___________ recover from the setbacks they have experienced in recent years the economy of the
entire country would be positively affected. (A. American car manufactures should ever; B. Ever shou