I. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их, определите их видовременную форму глагола-сказуемого, подчеркните.
1. I always talk too much when I’m nervous.
2. They are getting ready to move to their new house.
3. I’ve heard the doctor’s opinion.
4. He is having a meeting with the man this afternoon.
II. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их. Употребите глагол, стоящий в скобках, в Present Simple или Present Continuous.
1. "You must forgive me”, Mr. Smith said, "but I …(not to touch) alcohol”.
2. They will have to stay with us when they …(to arrive) here.
3. "Where’s Mrs. Hardy?” "Downstairs, Sir. She …(to greet) the guests”.
4. May I put my car away in your garage in case anyone…(to come)?
III. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их. Употребите глагол, стоящий в скобках, в Present Perfect или Present Simple.
1. He…(to light) a cigarette and …(to walk) to the window.
2. You…(to say) just now that time…(to be) everything. What you..(to mean) by that?
3. "I remember you…(to have) three funny little freckles on your nose”, he said, "but they…(to disappear)”.
4. "You…(to read) "Winnie the Pooh” by A.A. Milne?” "Yes, I have”. "And how you…(to like) it?” "Very much indeed”.
I. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их, подчеркните глагол-сказуемое и укажите в какой видовременной форме он употреблен.
1. I think I’ll remain in love with you all my life.
2. God knows what I will be saying in a minute.
3. I suppose we will have made up our minds whom we are going to elect before the meeting.
4. We are going to Italy next month.
V. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите глагол-сказуемое из формы действительного залога форму страдательного залога. Переведите предложения.
1. People have made great progress in physics.
2. They are rehearsing a new play at the National Theatre.
3. They elected him President of the Club last year.
4. People use coal for making artificial materials.
VI. Перепишите предложения, раскройте скобки, употребляя глагол в соответствующей видовременной форме страдательного залога. Переведите предложения.
1. I…(to receive) by one of the chiefs and…(to make) for lunch to the canteen.
2. Well, what…(to do) about it Ted?
3. I said we yet…(not to teach) anything.
4. He arrived just after the electricity…(to cut) and Joseph was lighting the oil-lamps.
VII. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните модальные глаголы. Переведите предложения. 1. Jack should pass his road test.
2. We would play cards for hours.
3. Ought she to warn him?
4. The new sanatorium ought to be very comfortable.
VIII. Образуйте Причастие (Participle I и Participle II) от следующих глаголов, переведите их.
to send to bring
IX. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните Причастие (Participle I или Participle II). Переведите предложения.
1. The fence surrounding the garden is newly printed.
2. I couldn’t fall asleep last night because there was a crying baby in the next room.
3. The advertised merchandise was not available at the store.
4. Don’t wake up the sleeping child.
X. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их. Укажите формы герундия, подчеркните герундий (Gerund).
1. I remember having been informed of the conference.
2. The children insisted on watching television after dinner.
3. I am not interested in listening to her gossips.
4. You have no reason for refusing to see Jack.
5. I object to Bob’s driving the car.
XI. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите их, соблюдая правила согласования времен.
1. I knew he was playing tennis and I didn’t want to disturb him.
2. I knew that Bill would come to see me after 10 p.m.
3. Mr. Brown said that he had been very busy.
4. He said he was looking for his glasses.
XII. Перепишите следующие условные предложения, переведите их.
1. If I see Ann, I will ask her to call you.
2. If you went to bed earlier, you would not feel so tired.
3. If I had got a pay raise I would not have looked for another job.
4. I’ll drop in later if anything new comes up.
5. If I had enough time, I would fly to San Francisco.
XIII. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст с английского языка.
The real success of Microsoft
The real success of Microsoft Windows is that millions of personal computer users have discovered something important to every business. It makes them more productive than ever before.
Today’s business environment places more demands on computing technology, however. Complex, line-of-business applications such as inventory management, financial trading, and on-line transaction processing demand powerful hardware and reliable, responsive and secure operating systems. Just as PC hardware is rapidly advancing to take on these problems, now the Microsoft Windows NT operating system gives you personal productivity and the power to handle complex business demands.
Microsoft Windows NT is a robust platform, with advanced features needed to build sophisticated lint-of-business solutions. It provides fully 32-bit operations, preemptive multitasking, advanced security and reliability, built-in networking, and complete scalability across hardware platforms for users of powerful PC’s workstations and network servers.
Windows NT provides the ease of use and proven productivity of the Windows intuitive, graphical interface. And it unlocks the potential of a wide range of advanced PC hardware, including machines based on the Intel 80 x 86 processor family and RISC architectures such as the MIPS R3000 and R4000. It also supports symmetric multiprocessing system.