Контрольная Английский язык
Контрольная. Английский язык.
I. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык предложения, принимая во внимание, что объектный и субъектный инфинитивные обороты большей частью соответствуют придаточным предложениям.
1. Automation is known to have speed up both the development of rocket
production and that of nuclear energy.
2. The new system of automatic control is likely to be used in the near future.
3. We know the existence of life on Earth to depend upon the continuous receipt
of enormous quantities of energy from the Sun.
4. In recent years we have seen vast new progress take place in space research.
Контрольная. Английский язык.
II. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык предложения, учитывая различия в переводе зависимого и независимого причастных оборотов.
1. Automation having been firmly established in space research, our spaceships
employ automatic instruments in the study of cosmic space.
2. Having made a great many observations during their flights, cosmonauts
successfully fulfilled their programme.
3. Space research is being developed rapidly in our country, automation being
widely used in space research.
Контрольная для студентов Английский язык.
III. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения, содержащие придаточные предложения условия.
1. A great number of stones lying on the Moon’s surface proved that the lunar
ground was firm enough and would not sink, if it were stepped on, walked
across or put heavy weight upon.
2. It would have been impossible to launch space rockets, if we had not had the
necessary polymeric materials and synthetic fuels.
IV. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст на русский язык.
THE ORBITAL STATIONS OF THE FUTURE
1. Long-term orbital research stations are very useful to scientists today for weather forecasting, agriculture, geology, sea and air transport and for protecting the environment.
2. A modern long-term orbital station is a research laboratory in space, where the researches can be done that are quite unconceivable on Earth.
3. Take physics. Because there is no atmosphere in space, physicists can study cosmic rays, carry out experiments that may help discover new nuclear reactions and elementary particles.
4. Then, too, in weightlessness we could get purer materials. When molten metal cools off on the Earth, the density will always be slightly uneven because the surrounding temperature is uneven while gravity upsets the structural balance by distorting the crystallization leaving us with an imperfect end product. In space these problems are avoided, there is no gravity and no atmosphere, so the quality of crystals is sharply improved.
5. The crystals grown in weightlessness are extra pure substances which can be used for semiconductors, lasers, computer engineering and in medicine. There will be space observatories too – the research is already under way. From orbit one can watch the development of cyclones and typhoons, predict when they will strike and give an advance warning.