Контрольная грамматика английский язык. Институт Бизнеса и Дизайна.
Контрольная грамматика английский язык
NOTE: Remember that
"should” is never followed by the infinitive verb with "to”:
Ex.1 Translate into Russian.
1. You should have looked through the tourist's guide.
2. You should speak to her of your travel insurance.
3. Ann shouldn't have said that.
4. Why should I plan my holidays in advance?
5. He shouldn't have informed her about it.
Holiday - Making
Normally people plan their holidays in advance. Holiday-making people, as a rule, prefer to stick to the same travel agency they have already used before and got their money's worth. On the one hand, they trust the travel agency they've got to know earlier, on the other, they expect to purchase a tour package at a reduced price as regular customers.
Suppose you are not an experienced holiday-maker. You are at a loss which travel agency to choose out of a large amount of agencies offering similar services.
You want an enjoyable holiday at some reasonable price, or at least you don't want to be trapped.
Here are some hints for you. Out of the travel agencies offering similar destinations and tours pick out 4 or 5. Their names should be familiar to you: their ads regularly appear in travellogues and in mass media. Compare the prices: they should be neither too high, nor too low. All the ad information should be clear to you: nothing should seem odd.
Call the travel agencies you have picked out, and if you lack some information or advice, don't hesitate to ask questions. Responding to the callers' queries is a part of travel agents' duty. If you are still not disappointed, make an appointment with the travel clerk at the agency office.
Efficient travel clerks will always help you to make a decision about where to go, what to see or where to stay in each area you plan to visit. Travel agents are sure to have the most comprehensive information at hand about the destinations they offer. There are usually lots of travellogues, brochures, folders, tourist's guides and maps available for customers.
You may either choose and obtain a ready-made tour package, or ask for a tailor-made tour package. Most of travel companies are able to arrange tailor-made tours according to their customers' requests.
Purchasing a tour you should pay in cash or by credit card. You will get a voucher for the services you have paid for, air tickets and other travel documents. Travel agents may offer you to pay for your travel insurance. Bear in mind that in high season the prices are up to 25 percent higher than in low season, party tours are cheaper than individual ones, children get discounts or even travel free.
1. How do holiday-making people choose a travel agency?
2. Why are you at a loss when you are not an experienced holiday-maker?
3. There are some hints for an inexperienced holiday-maker, aren't there?
4. Why shouldn't you hesitate to ask questions?
5. What will efficient travel clerks always help you with?
6. What are most of travel companies able to arrange?
7. What do many travel agents offer you to pay for?
8. When are the prices higher?
1. Phonetic Drill-transcribe and pronounce correctly:
Agency, purchase, amount, similar, query, efficient, area, brochure, voucher, insurance.
2. Give English equivalents
from the text and use them in sentences of your own:
(1) Придерживаться чего-либо (2) постоянные клиенты (3) растеряться (4) предлагать сходные услуги (5) регулярно появляться в каталогах путешествий (6) назначить встречу в офисе (7) помочь решить что-либо (8) платить наличными (9) высокий сезон (10) групповой тур Контрольная грамматика английский язык
3. Give Russian
equivalents for the following words and expressions from the text:
(1)to plan smth in advance (2) to purchase at a reduced price (3) an experienced holiday-maker (4) to pick out (5) travel agents' duty (6) an enjoyable holiday (7) the most comprehensive information (8) a traveilogue (9) a folder (10) a ready-made tour package (11) a tailor-made tour (12) neither too high, nor too low (13) to travel free (14) to bear in mind
4. Choose the right word. Translate the sentences into Russian.
to want I to wish I to desire
1. I don't... to have a rest yet.
2. When you see a falling star, ... for what you ... most of all.
3. I ... you to post this letter right now.
4. Which travallogue do you ... me to bring you?
5. Mother... only your happiness.
I to pick I to
1. Do you usually ... tours yourself?
2. Alice took a long time to .. a. travel agency.
3. The customer liked all the brochures and in the end he ... the big one.
4. Bert... the best destination for his travel.
5. Mr. Smith was ... a chairman by overwhelming majority.
5. Explain the parts in italics and reproduce the situations in which the sentences occur in the text.
Holiday -making people prefer to stick to the same travel agency they have
already used before and
2. Travel agents are sure to have the most comprehensive information at hand about the destinations they offer.
3. Most of travel companies are to arrange tailor-made tours according to their customers' requests.
6. Give the detailed retelling of the text.
7. Fill in prepositions or adverbs where necessary:
people plan their holidays ... advance.
8. Give synonyms to the following words:
(1)efficient (2) customer (3) holiday (4) to purchase (5) enjoyable
9. Form antonyms with the help of negative prefixes:
(1) experienced (2) expected (3) regular (4) economic(al) (5) worthy
Контрольная грамматика английский язык