КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ.
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУДЛЯ СТУДЕНТОВ.
I. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык предложения КОНТРОЛЬНОЙ ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ, принимая во внимание, что объектный и субъектный инфинитивные обороты большей частью соответствуют придаточным предложениям.
1. We know a laser to be a device that stimulates the electrons of a light-
producing material to vibrate simultaneously giving off a light with
2. Lasers are known to have found an application in the printing industry.
3. Light waves are now believed to be due to the motions of electrons themselves
within the atoms.
4. Chemical investigation has shown each element to combine with another only
in definite proportions.
II. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык предложения КОНТРОЛЬНОЙ ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ, учитывая различия в переводе зависимого и независимого причастных оборотов.
1. The first laser having been built about 30 years ago, scientists developed
several types of lasers.
2. Having developed quantum generators called lasers, scientists are looking for
practical use for a new kind of ray which is millions of times brighter than the
3. Semiconductor lasers are able to transform electric energy directly into light
wave energy, this property of semiconductor lasers opening up new
possibilities of producing extremely economical sources of light.
III. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения КОНТРОЛЬНОЙ ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ, содержащие придаточные предложения условия.
1. If the Earth had no atmosphere, its heated surface would quickly radiate back
into space all the energy which reaches it from the Sun.
2. Had the checking up of the experimental data not taken so much time, we
should have completed our work long ago.
IV. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст на русский язык.
1. The laser has become a multipurpose tool. It has caused a real revolution in technology and in the nature of productive labour.
2. The laser can cure diseases. It has become indispensable as a means of space communication. Its beam produces a sharp picture on the TV screen. Moreover, it can increase the size of the TV screen to that of a modern cinema. The laser cuts steel, pierces hard alloys and diamonds and drills holes through them a few microns in diameter.
3. Nevertheless, the laser no doubt has innumerable other applications which we are still to discover.
4. Let us begin with optical methods of data processing. Technological progress calls for ( требовать ) ever more efficient electronic computers. Multipurpose computers capable of performing more than ten million operations per second have already been designed and built. Laser devices will apparently make it possible to build extremely fast computer elements capable of doing up to a thousand million operations a second.
5. Today the enterprises are producing a number of machine tools and automatic devices intended for production lines. The machine tools for working jewel bearings for the watch industry and diamond files for wire drawing are now used on a wide scale. These machine tools bring a substantial economic effect. Machine tools employing carbon dioxide lasers for cutting quartz and glass pipes and for crystal and glass engraving are being introduced into industry. Lasers have found an application in the printing industry.