КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ ЯЗЫКУ
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ ЯЗЫКУ.
I. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык предложения КОНТРОЛЬНОЙ ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ ЯЗЫКУ , принимая во внимание, что объектный и субъектный инфинитивные обороты большей частью соответствуют придаточным предложениям.
1. The application of plastics enables the railway to receive light and strong cars
with good resistance to mechanical damage.
2. We heard the operation experts demand the reduction of the overall weight of
vehicles ( транспортные средства ).
3. This type of engine is said to have some advantages.
4. Plastics used in transport are supposed to have no special reinforcement.
II. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык предложения КОНТРОЛЬНОЙ ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ ЯЗЫКУ, учитывая различия в переводе зависимого и независимого причастных оборотов.
1. Zinc being the cheapest metal with a strong tendency to lose electrons, we
commonly use it for the production of electric current.
2. Electrical machines perform a giant’s share of the work done today, this share
3. Having obtained new devices the researchers could make complex
III. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения КОНТРОЛЬНОЙ ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ ЯЗЫКУ, содержащие придаточные предложения условия.
1. If somebody wants to design a car of the advanced type, he must take into
account the properties of some of the new materials.
2. Had there been better conditions, the construction of the new car body would
have been finished much earlier.
IV. Перепишите и письменно переведите контрольную с английского языка .
THE CAR OF THE FUTURE
1. It is safe to predict that in the near future most cars will use the internal combustion engine and burn petrol. At the present rate of production oil supplies will run out in about fifty years, and we will have to look for other sources of energy. That is one of the most important aspects of the problem, another being the damage that exhaust fumes do to the environment and health of the people, especially in the towns.
2. What kind of vehicle will eventually take over? ( приходить на смену ) At present there is a lot of talk about electric cars, for they have the advantage of giving off no exhaust fumes. The electric car has a long history. The first cars were built at the end of the last century but they could not compete against the internal combustion engine.
3. They have several disadvantages. First, we have no really suitable batteries – they tend to be too heavy, take a long time to charge, have too small capacity and a relatively short life.
4. So scientists and engineers are looking for better storage batteries and cells, and ways of using energy more economically and recharging batteries during deceleration.
5. Today thermal power-stations burning coal and oil, the resources of which are not inexhaustible, give a considerable proportion of the total electric power output. Water power is also limited, and at present the output of atomic power-stations is still insignificant, and one cannot tell yet if they and future thermonuclear power-stations will ever meet the world needs of motor transport. Therefore, car manufacturers are looking for other energy and fuel sources.