Контрольная работа № 3
Для того, чтобы правильно выполнить данные упражнения, необходимо изучить следующий грамматический материал:
1. Past Perfect
2. Past Continuous
3. Перевод прямой речи в косвенную
4. Страдательный залог. Времена группы Simple
5. Придаточные предложения времени и условия
6. Синонимы модальных глаголов: have to, be able to, be to.
I. Раскройте скобки, употребив глагол в Past Perfect или в Past Continuous:
1) I called my secretary on my mobile because the meeting (not to finish) yet.
2) When I saw George at the seminar I knew I (to see) him before.
3) They (not to examine) the new model of chemical equipment at 2 yesterday.
4) … you (to decide) what to do before he called you?
5) The Sales Manager (to study) the catalogues and quotations from 2 till 4 yesterday.
6) Our partners arrived at 6 but we (not to discuss) all the terms of the contract yet.
7) What … you (to do) at this time yesterday?
8) While I (to negotiate) the contract, my boss phoned me to say he wanted completely different conditions.
9) Mr. Green (not to look through) the mail at 4 yesterday, he (to receive) the British businessmen.
10) … the manager (to clarify) the customer’s requirements all day long yesterday?
III. Откройте скобки, употребив правильную форму страдательного залога:
1) A lot of enquiries (to receive) at your office every week.
2) An important contract (to sign) by your firm yesterday.
3) New prices (to discuss) at the talks tomorrow.
4) … the new equipment (to deliver) by the end of this year?
5) Our engineers (not to send) abroad next year.
6) Some consumer goods (to buy) by our company from Great Britain regularly.
IV. Выберите форму глагола в придаточных времени и условия, переписав предложения в правильном виде:
1) When they will come/come to the office they will call their customers.
2) We’ll get in touch with our sellers as soon as the goods will be delivered/are delivered.
3) If the contract is ready/will be ready, the talks will be completed very soon.
4) As soon as the manufacturers will modify/modify their model, they will increase their prices.
5) He will look through the quotations as soon as he is free/will be free.
6) If the prices will be/are competitive, we’ll place a big order with your company.
V. Перепишите предложения, выбирая правильный эквивалент модальных глаголов: have to, be able to, be to.
1) Passengers have to / will be able to check in for their flight an hour in advance.
2) I was very busy, as I had to / was able to reserve accommodation for our foreign partners.
3) Mr. Garanin is going to be late for work today. He has to / is able to go to the plant.
4) Mr. Smirnov went to Italy last month because he was to / was able to establish business contacts with our future partners.
5) When will your Director have to / be able to receive me?
6) I know you are short of time, and won’t be able / don’t have to discuss new contracts today.
VI. Раскройте скобки слов английского языка , употребив глагол в нужной форме: Present Simple, Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Continuous, Past Continuous, Present Perfect, Past Perfect:
1) Mary is ill, but she (to get) better now.
2) We (not to come) to the office before 9.
3) I’m afraid, Mr. Bell can’t speak to you now. He (to have) talks with our regular customers.
4) Sony (to produce) a wide range of consumer goods.
5) Some years ago the Greens (to live) in Liverpool.
6) We (not to look) through the mail the day before yesterday.
VII. Переведите диалог с английского языка:
Mr. Bell: Mr. Lavrov, you have studied our offer and our samples. What do you think of them?
Mr. Lavrov: Your samples 3 and 4 suit us. Their quality is excellent and we think the goods will become very popular on our market if the prices are reasonable.
Mr. Bell: You are right. We have already sold a lot of goods and very successfully. Sample 4 is our latest model which was modified not long ago. Are you going to place a big order?
Mr. Lavrov: Yes, 50 units for prompt delivery and 100 units for delivery in 5 equal lots of 20 per month within 5 months after signing the contract.
Mr. Bell: We are quite able to meet these requirements. Do you prefer CIF terms?
Mr. Lavrov: Yes, certainly. And do you remember I said if the prices were competitive? We would like to get a discount of 5%.
Mr. Bell: That’s too much. As a special concession to a new customer we can give you a 3% discount. And payment by a Letter of Credit which you are to open after the contract is signed.
Mr. Lavrov: Good. That suits me all right. We’ll be able to sign the contract this week.