КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ ЯЗЫКУ
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ ЯЗЫКУ
1. Соотнесите значения слов и выражений, данных в левой колонке, с их английскими эквивалентами, данными в правой колонке
1) legislative branch a) Член Верховного Суда
2) civil and criminal cases b) окружной суд
3) Chief Justice c) законодательная власть
4) Associate Justice d) беспартийная система
5) a right of voting e) гражданин государства
6) district court f) гражданские и уголовные дела
7) a resident of the state g) правительство
8) rights and freedoms h) главный судья
9) nonpartisan system i) права и свободы
10) governorship j) право голосовать
2. Прочитайте текст Mayor-Council и заполните пропуски текста словами и выражениями, данными в рамке
city departments; mayor; the power of veto; government; council; state;
executive branch; legislative branch; represents; council seats
This is the oldest form of city ___1___ in the United States and, until the beginning of the 20th century, was used by nearly all American cities. Its structure is similar to that of the ___2___ and national governments, with an elected mayor as chief of the ___3___ and an elected council that ___4___ the various neighborhoods forming the ___5___ . The ___6___ appoints heads of city departments and other officials, sometimes with the approval of the___7___. He or she has ___8___ over ordinances — the laws of the city — and frequently is responsible for preparing the city's budget. The council passes city ordinances, sets the tax rate on property, and apportions money among the various___9___. As cities have grown, ____10___ have usually come to represent more than a single neighborhood.
3. Прочитайте раздел Грамматического справочника Модальные глаголы и их эквиваленты и выполните следующее задание:
а) заполните пропуски подходящими по смыслу модальными глаголами . Используйте глаголы:
can, may, must, have to, should, ought to, need
1) You ___ to respect his position and old age.
2) Senate approval, interpret laws and ___ overturn laws they deem unconstitutional.
3) Congress ___ override a veto, but to do so two-thirds of the Members of Congress ___ vote against the President.
4) In fact, one does not ___ to be a member of a political party to run in any election at any level of government.
5) The President's policies ___ be approved by the House of Representatives and the Senate.
6) The President ___ do his job according to the Constitution or he ___ be impeached.
7) The Senate committee has a special role to play because the Senate ___ approve all treaties and all nominations to key foreign policy postings.
8) The problem ___ be discussed again.
4. Переделайте предложения:
а) из активного залога в пассивный
1) The Constitution limits the federal government to specific powers.
2) The executive branch of the government will put this country's law into effect.
3) The President appointed the justices but the Senate didn't approve them.
4) In addition to the Supreme Court, Congress has established 11 federal
courts of appeal and, below them, 91 federal district courts.
5) By the middle of the century the USA had achieved universal white adult male suffrage.
b) из пассивного залога в активный
1) Americans are seldom impressed my government officials.
2) The America First Party was founded in 2002 by a large group of archconservative "Buchanan Brigade" defectors.
3) I hope these bills will be approved by both houses of Congress.
4) Before the American revolution many restrictions upon the right to vote were placed by colonies.
5) This work has been carried out by the representatives in the committee recently.
5. Прочитайте предложения и вставьте частицу to где это необходимо
1) You needn't ___ ask for permission.
2) The President ought not ___ show his feelings.
3) You had better ___ make a note of it.
4) I heard the authorities of the constituent entitles of Russia ___ have the right to pass laws independently from the federal government.
5) I let ___ appoint him the ambassador in this country.
6. Постройте предложения с конструкцией Сложное дополнение используя слова в скобках
1) The Constitution is the "supreme law of the land". (they, to know)
2) The Constitution drafted in Philadelphia in 1787 did not include the Bill of Rights. (I, to hear)
3) The Bill of Rights offers individual protection from congressional actions, acts by state and local governments. (we, to think)
4) Many nations with multiparty systems are politically unstable.(Politicians, to consider)
5) In many ways United States citizens remain the keepers of their own rights. (People, to notice)
7. Постройте предложения с конструкцией Сложное подлежащее, используя слова в скобках:
1) Americans (to seem) almost instinctively to dislike government and politicians.
2) The federal judiciary (to consider) to be the third branch of the Government.
3) The American system of "checks and balances" (to know) to work in many ways to keep serious mistakes from being done by one branch or another.
4) Modern Presidents (to expect) to develop a legislative program and secure its adoption by Congress.
5) The judicial branch of the government (to know) to be the system of courts in the United
8. Прочитайте текст The President of the Russian Federation и переведите на английский язык слова и выражения, данные в скобках
THE PRESIDENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
The Constitution gives the President a number of (1. полномочия) that he can use on an ongoing basis to influence the work of the (2.правительство). These powers include approving the structure of the federal (3. исполнительные структуры) of power, appointing deputy prime
ministers and ministers, the right to preside government meetings, (4.осуществлять) control over the lawfulness of the government’s action, and direct subordination of the security ministries to the President. The President has the right to (5. распускать правительство) or to accept the Prime Minister’s resignation, which automatically entails the (6. отставка
правительства) as a whole. Thus, relations between the President and the government reflect
most fully the President’s imperative in setting (7. внутренняя и внешняя политика). The government and the executive bodies of power are considerably more closely linked, overall, to the President and are directly under his control. The President works with two consultative bodies – the (8. Совет Безопасности) and the State Council. The President chairs these two
councils. The President forms his Executive Office and oversees the general functioning of the Office. The Office helps the President (9. осуществлять) his functions and (10. выполнять) his role as guarantor of the Constitution. But the Presidential Executive Office is not an (11. независимый) governmental body. The system of Presidential power includes the
Presidential Plenipotentiary Envoys in the Federal Districts. In exercising his constitutional powers, the President works with the (12. законодательная) and (13. юридическая отрасли) of power through his authorized (13. представители) to the upper and lower houses of the
Parliament and the Constitutional Court. Illustrations of this working relationship include the President’s right to submit draft legislation, his responsibility for signing (14. законы) passed by the parliament and his requests to the Constitutional Court to examine whether federal and
regional laws conform to the Constitution of Russia.
9. Постройте предложения из следующих слов
1) The Congress/ of elected representatives/ is/ from each of the 50 states/made up.
2) The only branch of U.S. government/ federal laws/ Congress/ is/ can make/ that/ declare war/ put foreign treaties into effect/ and.
3) Themselves/ people/ Americans/ distrust/ experts/ who/ call.
4) Must pass/both the Houses/ by the President/ in order to become a law/ all bills/ and/ must be signed.
5) Its own Constitution/ each state/ we/ to the US Constitution/ know/ to have/ similar.
6) The US Constitution/ the Preamble/to include/ is known/ seven articles and a number of amendments.
7) The Supreme Court/ to interpret laws/ has the task/ which/ in lower court/ have been disputed.
8) I/ the basic rights of all Americans/ establishes/ that/heard/ the Constitution.
9) Is based/ the Constitution/ on the separation of powers.
10) To be composed of two senators/ the Senate of the United States/ is known/ from each state.
10. Согласитесь (Т) или опровергните (F) следующие утверждения. Отметьте вариант ответа соответствующей буквой
1) The House of Representatives can impeach the President.
2) After debating in the Congress a bill becomes a law.
3) The judicial branch of the government is the system of courts in the Unites States.
4) 10 Downing Street is the President's residence.
5) The House of Representatives has to choose their Speaker and other officers.
6) The executive power is vested in a president of the United States.
7) The Democratic-Republican Party is one of two major political parties in the United States.
8) There are 100 Senators in the American Senate.
9) The Constitution consists of a preamble, seven original articles, twenty-seven amendments, and a paragraph certifying its enactment by the constitutional convention.
10) President George Bush is the Republican.
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ ЯЗЫКУ
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА № 3
1. Соотнесите значения слов и выражений, данных в левой колонке, с их английскими эквивалентами контрольной, данными в правой колонке
1) implementation of law a) чиновники
2) recruitment b) государственная гражданская служба
3) to apply for a transfer c) решать (рассматривать)жалобы
4) officials d) осуществляться
5) civil service e) применение закона
6) to be undertaken f) узкопартийная деятельность
7) partisan activity g) служащий
8) appointment h) наем на работу
9) to determine complaints i) назначение
10) employee j) обращаться с просьбой о переводе
2. Прочитайте и выберите правильный вариант перевода причастий, выделенных жирным шрифтом
1) The commission draws up the rules governing examinations for those positions that Congress places in the classified civil service.
a) регулирующие b) урегулировав c) регулируя
2) In 1939 the merit system was extended to sections of state administration receiving federal grants.
a) получив b) получающие c) получая
3) One of the oldest examples of a civil service based on meritocracy is the Imperial bureaucracy of China.
a) основывающий b) основывая c) основанный
4) Having been authorized by Congress the President prescribed regulations for admission to public service.
a) будучи уполномоченным b) уполномочив c) уполномочивая
5) British civil servants are strictly excluded from politics.
a) исключив b) исключая c) исключены
6) Having come to office in 1979 Margaret Thatcher reduced the size of the civil service.
a) приходя b) придя c) приходить
7) A new civil service code was launched on 6 June 2006 to outline the core values and standards expected of civil servants.
a) выпуская b) выпустив c) выпущен
8) In late 1981 the Prime Minister announced the abolition of the Civil Service Department, transferring power over the Civil Service to the Prime Minister's Office and Cabinet Office.
a) передавая b) передав c) передающий
9) By 1998, 42 Charters had been published, and they included services provided by public service industries such as the health service and the railways, as well as by the civil service.
a) обеспечивающих b) обеспеченных c) обеспечив
10) Under the administration of Tony Blair, the influence of two Downing Street special advisers, Jonathan Powell and Alastair Campbell, both of whom were given formal power over Downing Street civil servants.
a) дана b) дав c) давая
3. Прочитайте и выберите правильные варианты перевода форм причастий, которые соответствуют словам, данным в скобках
1) In 1806, the British East India Company established a college near London for training administrators (на основании) on the recommendation of officials in China.
a) having been based b) basing c) based
2) (Будучи назначенным) as an efficiency expert with the Prime Minister's personal backing, Marks and Spencer identified numerous problems with the Civil Service.
a) having appointed b) having been appointed c) appointed
3) Margaret Thatcher immediately set about reducing the size of the civil service, (сократив) numbers from 732,000 to 594,000 over her first seven years in office.
a) cutting b) cut c) having been cut
4) The Civil Rights Act of 1965 (введенный) by Lyndon Johnson, made companies hire and promote minorities.
a) enacting b) enacted c) having enacted
5) At the height of patronage every administration was marked by massive removals of officials (работающих) for the departing administration.
a) worked b) having been worked c) working
6) The establishment of the modern civil service is closely (ассоциируется) with the decline of feudalism and the growth of national autocratic states.
a) associating b) associated c) being associated
7) The organization of the government bureaucracy was streamlined by the creation of the General Services Administration, (объединяющую) the operations and activities of some 60 government agencies.
a) combining b) combined c) having combined
8) A Civil Service Commission and the beginnings of a system of competitive examinations were (учреждены) in Great Britain in 1855.
a) establishing b) established c) having been established
9) The Civil Service Code, (представленный) in 1996, is a concise statement of the role and responsibilities of civil servants.
a) being introduced b) having been introduced c) introduced
10) (Будучи исправленным) in 1999 the Civil Service Code took account of devolution.
a) revised b) revising c) having been revised
4. Преобразуйте предложения, используя причастия I, II вместо выделенных жирным шрифтом частей предложений
1) The Pendleton Act classified certain jobs which were removed from the patronage ranks.
2) In the 2006-07 financial year, there were 155,482 Australian public servants who were employed under the Public Service Act.
3) In France the reforms that preceded the Revolution were the basis for the Napoleonic reforms that transformed the royal service into the civil service.
4) In 1851, Congress passed a resolution that requested Cabinet officers to formulate some plan of classifying the clerks in the several departments.
5) The Pendleton Act 1883 established the Civil Service Commission to administer a system that was based on merit rather than political connections.
6) The public had become disgusted with the scandals and costs of the Federal government under the practices that existed.
7) Presidents James Madison (1809-1817) and James Monroe (1817-1825), who were of the same political party as Thomas Jefferson, saw no need to modify the "redress the balance" civil service policy of their predecessor.
8) At the height of the patronage system, each change in administration was marked by massive removals of officials who worked for the departing administration.
9) The Civil right Act of 1965 that was enacted by Lyndon Johnson made companies hire and promote minorities.
10) The letter which is being checked now by the Minister must be sent off at once.
5. Выберите правильный перевод герундия из предложенных вариантов
1) President George Washington (1789-1797) set a high standard in political appointments in selecting his nominees.
a) выбирая b) при выборе c) когда выбирал
2) I insist on promoting an official on the basis of the judgement of superiors.
a) продвигающий b) продвигая c) продвижении
3) He objected to transforming the royal service into the civil service.
a) преобразование b) преобразовывать c) преобразовывающий
4) The text "The History of Civil Service in the United States" is worth reading.
a) прочитать b) читающий c) прочитав
5) A lot of people enjoy applying for a job in the same agency.
a) обращаться b) при обращении c) обращаясь
6) Nobody liked his idea of abolishing the Civil Service Commission.
a) отменить b) отменив c) отмена
7) It is worth stating again that a civil servant holds his office "at pleasure” and can be dismissed at any time by the Minister
a) константировать b) константирующий c) константируя
8) When I came into the office this civil servant was on the point of leaving.
a) уходить b) уходящий с) ушел
9) The Minister has finished dictating a letter to the secretary.
a) диктант b) диктовать c) диктование
10) He mentioned having read it in the paper.
a) читает b) прочитает c) читал
6. Преобразуйте предложения так, чтобы в них присутствовал Герундий. Переведите их на русский язык.
1) He was surprised at the fact that in Prussia civil servants were chosen on a competitive basis. 2) He mentioned that Napoleonic reforms transformed the royal service into the civil service.
3) Do you mind if I apply for a transfer to anywhere in the civil service.
4) He insisted that he can do the work for private sector as well as government departments.
5) You may avoid many mistakes if you observe these rules.
6) When he entered the room he greeted everybody.
7) He is proud that he was promoted.
8) I don’t remember that I have ever read about the History of the Civil service before.
9) We were informed that our proposal was approved.
10) After they had spentthe whole day there they prepared their reports.
7. Постройте условные предложения I типа (реальное условие) и II типа (нереальное условие) преобразовав глаголы, данные в скобках
1) If he (to want) to change his job, he (apply) for a new job in the same agency. (CI)
2) If they (to be) of the same political party, they not (appoint) commissioners. (CII)
3) If you (be) a member of the Civil Service Commission you can (conduct) this investigation. (CI)
4) We (seceed) if our proposal (be approved) (CII)
5) I (be disappointed) if they not (prepare) their reports in time. (C I)
6) If I (be) you, I not (say) this. (CII) 7) I (to hear) his complants if I (have) time. (CI)
8) If he (be) here, he (answer) you. (CII)
9) If I (be) in his place I (refuse). (C II)
10) If he (be) here he (help) us. (CII)
8. Постройте условные предложения III типа, преобразовав глаголы, данные в скобках
1) If Lyndon Johnson (not enact) the Civil Rights Act in 1965 companies not (promote) monorities.
2) If you (conduct) the investigation, you (know) the truth.
3) If he (keep) records he not (forget) anything.
4) If you really (want) to determine his capability you (give) him practical tests.
5) If he (be) successful in doing this eligibility test he (get) this position.
6) If he not (work) hard, he not (make) progress.
7) If you (meet) him before, you (know) all the news.
8) If he (warn) me nothing (happen).
9) I (phone) him if I (know) where he works.
10) You (avoid) many mistakes if you (observe) the rules.
9. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глаголы в активном или пассивном залоге
1) During the nineteenth century, civil service (to base) on the Spoils System. 2) In 1871, George Curtis (to organize) the Civil Service Reform League. 3) Women (not, to restrict) from taking the exam and being appointed to a post. 4) The Civil Service Code (to introduce) in 1996 and
(to set) out the duties and responsibilities of civil servants. 5) Since September 11, 2001, the Bush Administration (to take) every opportunity available to advocate for a profound erosion of civil service protection. 6)The early years of civil service (to mark) by a period of high standards and expectations of public officials. 7) During the next 20 years, at least one civil service reform bill (to introduce) in each session of Congress. 8) The Spoils System (patronage) is the policy of giving government jobs to political party workers who (to support) a victorious candidate.
10. Согласитесь (Т) или опровергните (F) следующие утверждения
1) The use of competitive examinations to select civil official was begun in the world in 206 BC-220AD.
2) A Conservative idea was to make civil service departament agents.
3) Since the late the nineties civil service departments report only to the minister in each principality.
4) Civil service is centraliret over mafters.
5)The modern service was developed between 1780-1870.
6) The Senior Civil Service was created in 1981.
7) Federal employees don’t play an active role in party politics.
8) In 1865 reform legislation was introduced to Congress because the Spoils System was associated with corruption.
9) The Pendleton Act of 1883 established the Civil Service reform league.
10) The Civil Rights Act of 1965 forbids discrimination in the work place.
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ ЯЗЫКУ
1. Соотнесите значения слов и выражений, данных в левой колонке, с их английскими эквивалентами, данными в правой колонке
1) to execute government decisions a) иметь дело с корреспонденцией
2) to deal with the correspondence b) система управления
3) vote in elections c) продвижение по службе
4) career opportunities d) карьерные возможности
5) personal experience e) быть кандидатом,балатироваться
6) system of governance f) осуществлять решения правительства
7) issues of legitimacy g) ставить себе в заслугу что-либо
8) to stand for h) голосовать на выборах
9) promotion i) вопросы законности
10) to take credit j) личный опыт
2. Прочитайте текст The President of the Russian Federation и переведите на английский язык слова и выражения, данные в скобках
THE PRESIDENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
The Constitution gives the President a number of (1. полномочия) that he can use on an ongoing basis to influence the work of the (2. правительство). These powers include approving the structure of the federal (3. исполнительные структуры) of power, appointing deputy prime
ministers and ministers, the right to preside over government meetings, (4.осуществлять) control over the lawfulness of the government’s action, and direct subordination of the security ministries to the President. The President has the right to (5. распускать правительство) or to accept the Prime Minister’s resignation, which automatically entails the (6. Отставка правительства) as a whole. Thus, relations between the President and the government mostfully
reflect the President’s imperative in setting (7. внутренняя и внешняя политика). Overal the government and the executive bodies of power are considerably more closely linked to the President and are directly under his control. The President works with two consultative bodies – the (8. Совет Безопасности) and the State Council. The President chairs these two councils.
The President forms his Executive Office and oversees the general functioning of the Office. The Office helps the President (9. осуществлять) his functions and (10. выполнять) his role as guarantor of the Constitution. But the Presidential Executive Office is not an (11. независимый)
governmental body. The system of Presidential power includes the Presidential Plenipotentiary Envoys in the Federal Districts. In exercising his constitutional powers, the President works with the (12. законодательная и юридическая отрасли) of power through his authorized (13. представители) to the upper and lower houses of Parliament and the Constitutional Court. Illustrations of this working relationship include the President’s right to submit draft legislation, his responsibility for signing (14. законы) passed by the parliament and his requests to the Constitutional Court to examine whether federal and regional laws conform to the Constitution of Russia.
3. Прочитайте текст и поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках в нужной видо-временной форме
Civil servants (1. to be) servants of the Crown. In effect, this (2. to mean) the Government of the United Kingdom, the Scottish Executive and the National Assembly for Wales. Executive powers (3. to exercise) generally by ministers of the Crown, who (4. to be) in turn answerable to
the appropriate Parliament or Assembly. The Civil Service as such (5. to have) no separate constitutional personality or responsibility. The duty of the individual civil servant (6. to be) first and foremost to the minister in charge of the department in which he or she (7. to serve). A change of minister, for whatever reason, (8. not, to involve) a change of staff. The Civil Service Code, introduced in 1996, (9. to be) a concise statement of the role and responsibilities of civil servants. It (10, to revise) in 1999 to take account of devolution. The Code (11. to include) an
independent line of appeal to the Civil Service Commissioners on alleged breaches of the Code.
As Minister for the Civil Service, the Prime Minister (12. to be) responsible for central co-ordination and management of the Civil Service. He (13. to support) by the Head of the Home Civil Service, who (14. to chair) the Civil Service Management Board. The Cabinet Office (15. to oversee) the central framework for management of the Civil Service.
4. Подберите подходящий по смыслу модальный глагол. В некоторых предложениях возможны несколько вариантов
1) He (следует) advise the Minister on policies pertinent only to this department.
2) The modern civil service in Britain (может) be distinguished from its antecedent organizations by a number of Characteristics.
3) The most junior civil servants are permitted to participate in political activities, but (должны) be politically neutral in the exercise of their duties.
4) All civil servants are subject to the Official Secrets Act, meaning that they (не могут) disclose sensitive government information.
5) The history of the United States' civil service (может) be divided into four distinct phases.
6) Civil Servants (должны) give honest and impartial advice to the Minister.
7) He (должен) to prepare the speech for his Minister.
8) They (не разрешается) to write about their experience without permission.
9) Civil servants help to prepare a minister for the questions that (могут) arise in the House of Commons.
10) Civil Servants (не нужно) wear formal dress.
5. Прочитайте предложения, найдите в них Сложное дополнение или Сложное подлежащее, подчеркните конструкцию, переведите предложения на русский язык
1) About half of all civil servants seem to provide services directly to the public.
2) I heard that about 80 per cent of civil servants work outside London.
3) Permanent career officials are meant to be neutral in a professional sense.
4) He is likely to be a non-elected person.
5) I want him to deal with the Minister's correspondence.
6) He is known to be very knowledgeable about technical problems.
7) The function of the Canadian Civil Service is supposed to support the Canadian monarch, represented by the Governor General, and the appointed ministry.
8) He wants her to be offered meaningful work.
9) Americans believe a career in the Civil Service to be a unique opportunity to represent America to the world.
10) The classification of the Russian CSS is likely to pose certain difficulties.
6. Прочитайте предложения и найдите в них причастие или герундий. Подчеркните их. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) I insist on doing it.
2) I have overall responsibility for ensuring that the Civil Service provides effective and efficient support to the Prime Minister and the Government.
3) I spend a lot of time travelling around the UK and visiting Civil Servants.
4) A new civil service code was launched on 6 June, 2006, to outline the core values and standards expected of civil servants.
5) "The Australian Public Service is responsive to the Government in providing frank, honest, comprehensive, accurate and timely advice and in implementing the Government's policies and programs.
6) The function of the Canadian Civil Service is to support the Canadian monarch, represented by the Governor General, and the appointed ministry.
7) Having supported the Ministers of the Crown he retired.
8) I like his way of doing it.
9) What do you usually do when preparing policy papers?
10) Being busy he couldn't speak to me.
7. Используйте слово в конце каждой строчки, чтобы образовать слово, которое подходит по смыслу
Of the world's civil services, the most …….1……… on OUTSTAND
several counts is still the British, extremely …..2…. POWER
because of its permanency, its …..3….. grants of EXTEND
power from Parliament, and its ….4…. for absolute REPUTE
honesty, although it is criticized for a lack of …..5….. FLEX
and for class ….6…. in its upper ranges. EXCLUDE
A Civil Service Commission and the ….7… of a BEGIN
system of ….8…. examinations were established in COMPETE
Great Britain in 1855, and the …9… Whitley INFLUENCE
Councils, representing both ….10…. employees and GOVERN
….11…. in questions dealing with service conditions, ADMINISTER
were set up after World War II.
British civil servants are ….12… excluded from STRICT
8. Просмотрите тексты 4 урока еще раз. Определите, какое из утверждений является истинным (T) или ложным (F). Отметьте варианты ответов
1) The Civil Service carries out government decisions and therefore plays a vital part in British Politics.
2) Civil Servant are not elected.
3) Senior civil servants can be politically active.
4) Administrative Assistant is the highest rank in the Civil Service.
5) Civil Servants can work in Economics.
6) Any person can become a Crown Servant.
7) Administrative Officer is the first management grade.
8) Civil service practices are still based on those inherited from the Soviet period.
9) The Russian civil service is highly responsitive to the ruling elite.
9. Восстановите порядок слов в вопросах, предложенных к тексту, запишите вопросы и письменно ответьте на них.
1) What/ promotion/ does/ depend on/ within the Civil Service?
2) Who/government policies/ carries out?
3) Permanent career officials/ have policy making powers/ do?
4) Why/ civil servants/ may/ not/ speak to the media without permission?
5) A civil servant/ can/ a member of a political party/be?
6) What kind of person/ a civil servant/ in the USA/ should/ be?
7) Does/ the US Department of State/ career opportunities/ provide/ to civil servants?
8) What/ the Russian Civil Service/ does/ suffer from?
9) The Russian Civil Service/ is/ bureaucratic?
10) What/ for the systems/ is of the majority of former republics of the USSR/ typical?