контрольная работа по английскому языкуПрочитайте и переведите текст контрольной работы по английскому языку
PRESERVING THE ENVIRONMENT
Recently more and more attention has been focused on the problem of preserving the environment. The fact that a Government Ministry called the Department of the Environment has been created shows how important the issue is considered to be.
Over the past 30 years or so the quality of many people’s living has deteriorated in some respects because of technological progress. Those people living near are constantly assailed by the noise of increasingly larger and more powerful jet aircraft taking off and landing. We have ugly buildings having sprung up in towns and cities. Worst still much of our building efforts has been channeled into the construction of more large office blocks at the expense of much needed housing for the growing urban population.
It is the motor car that has been responsible for many changes in the environment. Having brought mobility to millions of people, it led to constructing of more and more noisy and dangerous roads and polluting the atmosphere with exhaust fumes.
Towns and cities having become larger and uglier and more densely populated, the rural areas have lost most of their population owing to the need for fewer workers in agriculture. The countryside was also affected by the large-scale use of insecticides. For one thing killing of insects has resulted in a loss of balance in the ecology. Many people are afraid that fruit and vegetables sprayed with chemicals may have some poisonous effect upon the people eating them.
Recently certain counter measures against the destruction have been introduced. Rivers which use to be fouled up with industrial chemical waste are now being cleaned, and fish can be caught again.
II. Найдите в тексте предложения, в которых употребляется герундий. Выпишите их и переведите на русский язык, герундий подчеркните.
III Найдите в тексте предложения, в которых употребляется причастие I . Выпишите их и переведите на русский язык, причастие подчеркните.
IV. Выпишите из контрольной и текста английские предложения со словами it, one, that и определите,
чем они являются. Предложения переведите на русский язык.
V. Найдите в тексте следующие слова и словосочетания, выпишите их и выучите.
jet aircraft to pollute
poisonous effect chemical waste
technological progress to spray
urban population construction
VI. Перепишите предложения и поставьте вопросы к выделенным словам.
1) More and more attention has been focused on the problem of preserving the environment.
2) One of the first acts to counter pollution was the Clean Air Act.
3) The countryside was effected by the large-scale use of insecticides.
4) People become ill because of smog.
5)Insects provide food for birds.
VII. Ответьте письменно на вопросы к тексту.
1) What is much attention focused now on?
2) Why has the quality of people’s life deteriorated?
3) What are the advantages of motor cars?
4) What was the countryside affected by?
5) Where do people especially suffer from noise?
VIII. Прочитайте следующие предложения и укажите те из них, которые соответствуют содержанию текста. Переведите эти предложения на русский язык
1) We have ugly buildings in our English towns and cities.
2) The motor car is responsible for many changes in the environment.
3) People living near airports don’t suffer from noise.
4) Rural areas haven’t lost most of their population.
5) Many people are afraid of chemicals in fruit.
IX. Расположите предложения согласно содержанию текста.
1) Recently measures against destruction of environment have been introduced.
2) Creating of the Department of Ecology is a very important step.
3) Many people are afraid to eat fruit sprayed with chemicals.
4) The rural areas lost much population because fewer workers are needed in agriculture.
5) People living near airports are assailed by the noise of aircrafts.
6) Rivers fouled up with industrial waste are now being cleaned.
7) We have ugly buildings which have sprung in cities.
X. Заполните пропуски следующими словами:
technological, lives, densely, ecology, balance, environment, responsible, preserving
1) …. the environment is very important today.
2) The motor cars have been … for many changes in the … .
3) Killing of insects resulted in a loss of … in the ecology.
4) Towns and cities became more … populated.
5) People’s … changed because of … progress.
XI. Найдите в тексте слова, которые обозначают следующее:
• a substance used in or produced by chemistry.
• the mixture of gases that surrounds the Earth.
• mixture of smoke, fog and fumes.