Контрольные английский язык
Выполнение контрольной работы по английскому языку.
Write questions and answers about Angela, as in the
Model: – Has Angela presented a diploma project yet?
– Yes, she has. Angela has already presented her diploma project.
– Has Angela passed the final exams yet?
– No, she hasn’t. Angela has not passed the final exams yet.
4.25. Read the interview between Angela and Mr. Bright again and tick
1. Angela has been living in Oxford for six years.
2. She has been working on her project for more than a year.
3. Angela’s parents have just moved to Oxford.
4. Angela has been learning German since February.
5. Angela has already had some suggestions of work.
6. Angela has got married recently.
Present Perfect Progressive Tense
She has been working on her diploma project for half a year.
I have been running computer business since 1995.
She has not (hasn’t) been working on her diploma project for a year.
I have not (haven’t) been running computer business since 1993.
Has she been working on her diploma project for three months?
– Yes, she has.
– No, she hasn’t.
Have you been running computer business since 1995?
– Yes, I have.
– No, I haven’t.
How long has she been working on her diploma project?
– She has been working on her diploma project for half a year.
How long have you been running computer business?
– I have been running computer business since 1995.
4.26. Complete the following sentences with the present perfect or
present perfect progressive form of the verb in brackets, as in the
Model: – Where is Susan?
– She … for the university. (just / leave)
– She has just left for the university.
1. A: Henry looks tired.
B: He …volleyball for two hours. (play)
2. A: Is Kelly in the university library?
B: Yes, she is. She … since 4 o’clock. (prepare for exams)
3. A: Does Bob live in Brighton?
B: Yes, he … here for three years. (live)
4. A: Have you read the article which I gave you last week?
B: No, I … it yet. (finish)
5. A: Does Lucy work for Microsoft Company?
B: Yes, she … as an engineer for ten years. (work)
6. A: Has Joanna finished the laboratory work yet?
B: No, she … it since the first lesson. (do)
7. A: Where is Violet?
B: She is in her room. She … her homework for the whole evening.
8. A: Why are you happy?
B: I … my diploma project. (just / present)
9. A: Has John come back home yet?
B: No, he … the interview with the students since 10 a.m. and he …it
yet. (have; finish)
10. A: How is Greg?
B: I don’t know. I … him this week. (see)
4.27. Work in pairs. Ask your partner the following questions
and notice the answers.
1. How long have you been studying at the university?
2. Have you presented your course project yet?
3. Have you ever taken part in university conferences?
4. How long have you been learning English?
5. Have you ever had English tests?
6. Have you always passed your exams with good and excellent marks?
7. Have you bought anything recently?
8. How long have you been living in your present flat (room)?
9. Have you ever had a job interview?
10. Have you chosen a place of work yet?
4.28. Tell the results of the questionnaire to the class, as in
Model: – My partner has been studying at the university for … years.
– He has presented his course project once.
OR: – He has not presented his course project yet.
4.29. Look at your notes. Then, decide if you will offer your partner to
work for your company. Why? Why not?
Present Perfect and Past Simple Tenses
He has just passed his Maths exam.
He passed his Maths exam a week ago.
I have not (haven’t) read the fashion magazine yet.
I did not (didn’t) read the fashion magazine yesterday morning.
Have you ever been to Italy?
– Yes, I have.
– No, I haven’t.
When did you go to Italy? – I went there three years ago.
Did you like it living there?
– Yes, I did.
– No, I didn’t.
4.30. Complete the following sentences with the present perfect, present
perfect progressive or the past simple form of the verb in brackets,
as in the model.
Model: A: … (you / ever / be) to England?
B: Yes, we … (go) there three years ago.
A: … (have) a good time?
B: Yes, it … (be) great.
A: Have you ever been to England?
B: Yes, we went there three years ago.
A: Did you have a good time?
B: Yes, it was great.
1. A: Where is Barbara? I … (not see) her this week. How is she?
B: She is all right. She … (pass) her exam last Friday and … (go) on
holiday. She is in France now.
A: … she … (go) with her family?
B: I am sorry, I don’ know.
2. A: Henry works as an engineer in a big TV company. He … (work)
there for about two years.
B: … he … (find) this job easily?
A: Yes, I think so. He … (be) good at university, so just after the graduation
he … (have) an interview and … (start) working.
3. A: Do you know Dr. Noble?
B: I … (see) her for a few times but I … (not speak) to her.
A: I … (meet) her at the dean’s office last week. She … (look) wonderful.
B: Yes, she did. She always looks great. When I … (see) her in the
library yesterday, I … (notice) her but I … (not come) up.
4. A: What time … you … (go) to bed last night?
B: I … (be) asleep at about ten p.m. I … (do) a lot of work last
semester, so I … (decide) to go to bed early this week.
A: … you … (try) to work less?
B: No, I didn’t. I am very hardworking and responsible.
5. A: … you … (receive) my e-mail?
B: No, I haven’t. When … you … (send) it?
A: I … (e-mail) to you yesterday evening.
B: It is very strange. I … (use) the Internet since early morning but
there … (be) nothing from you.
Questions with Who / What
Helen finished the work late. – Who finished the work late?
Steve saw me at the university. – Who saw you at the university?
My parents phoned me yesterday. – Who phoned you yesterday?
Nothing serious happened. – What happened?
I met a lot of new friends at the party. – Who did you meet?
I phoned my parents yesterday. – Who did you phone yesterday?
He said nothing. – What did he say?
4.31. Write the correct question with who or what, as in the model.
Model: – Sally gave the course project to the teacher of Physics.
– Who gave the course project to the teacher of Physics?
– Sally gave the course project to the teacher of Physics.
– What did Sally give to the teacher of Physics?
1. Kelly completed her education in England.
2. She and her husband started their own business in 2005.
3. Barbara bought a lot of clothes last week.
4. Thomas Edison invented a light bulb.
5. Charles Dickens wrote "Oliver Twist”.
6. Elton John sang "Candle in the Wind" for Princess Diana.
7. Thomas broke his watch yesterday.
8. Lilly wrote a letter to me but I didn’t answer.
9. Susan phoned me a week ago.
10. Dr. White asked us a lot of questions.
4.32. Read the text "A Letter to a Penfriend” again and answer the
1. Who did Angela write a letter to?
2. Who bought her a new computer?
3. What happened a week ago?
4. Who asked Angela about her exam results and future plans?
5. Who gave the regards to Hillary?