перевести текст с английского
перевести текст с английского на русский язык.
US$ 100 million deal includes GPRS roll-out for Ukraine
Ukraine — Ukrainian cellular operator, Kyivstar, has awarded Ericsson a USt 100-million contract for the first GPRS system in Ukraine, as well as infrastructure and services to expand Kyivstar's current coverage.
The package will include the addition of GSM 1800 for dual-band enhanced capacity. Ericsson will provide GPRS/GSM core and radio access infrastructure equipment, enabling advanced mobile Internet services to be in commercial operation by the second half of 2001.
The contract covers a major core and radio access infrastructure expansion of Kyivstar's existing GSM network, and includes supply and implementation of GSM 1800 and GPRS. Ericsson's GPRS solution will integrate Kyivstar's GSM
datacoms/Internet world, making it possible for the Ukrainian operator to offer packet-switched IP services with wireless access to Internet, corporate intranet, as well as other multimedia services.
"We are committed to providing enhanced coverage and quality of service to our customers. Over the next few months, Kyivstar will add GSM 1800 infrastructure in the main cities of Ukraine, and we expect our GPRS service to be up and running during the autumn," said Mr. Igor Litovechenko, president of Kyivstar. "GPRS will further help pave the way for an exciting array of mobile services never before experienced in Ukraine that will ultimately transform the way our customers live and work."
Match the following words and expressions with their equivalents.
1. household a) отражение атаки
2. to conceive b) государственный переворот
3. general layout c) войска
4. outstanding d) радикальные изменения
5. a parry e) задумывать
6. an invasion f) выдающийся
7. mighty g) генеральный план
8. to be on the up-grade h) осада
9. autocracy i) могущественный
10.а coup d’etat j) трехсотлетие
11.in order to k) нашествие, военное вторжение
12. troops l) придворный
13. siege m) чтобы
14. drastic changes n) быть на подъеме
15. tercentenary o) самодержавие
16. to pave the way p) быть на подъеме
17. reigh q) беспорядок; неразбериха
18. to be on the upgrade r) прокладывать путь,
19. mess s) правление, царствование
do homework in English делать домашнее задание по английскому
5.13. Read the text again and answer the following questions.
1. When was Saint Petersburg founded?
2. What year was the capital of Russia transferred from Moscow to Saint
3. What idea did Peter the Great conceive?
4. Who was the first architect who made the general layout of the city
5. When was the classicism established?
6. What year was Saint Petersburg renamed into Petrograd?
7. Why did Bolsheviks rename the city into Leningrad?
8. How long did the Blockade of Leningrad last?
9. What was created in the 1960s at Piskarevskoye and Seraphimovskye
10. When did the restoration works start and when were they most
11. What year was the name of Saint Peter returned to the city?
12. Has Saint Petersburg been recognized as a cultural monument?
5.14. Read the following words and notice their pronunciation.
result [rI`zAlt] whole [hqul] transfer [trxns`fW]
idea [aI`dIq] island [`aIlqnd] design [dI`zaIn]
baroque [bq`rOk] suburb [`sAbWb] bourgeois [`buqZwR]
coup [kH] ordeal [O:`dI:l] siege [sJG]
Future Simple Tense
I’ll call you later.
Will you work?
– Yes, I will. / No, I won’t.
You will not (won’t) get to work in time.
Where will you work? – I will work at home.
Note: I, We shall work (in written and official speech)
5.15. Complete the following sentences with the contracted form, as in
Model: – I’ll be at home at eight tonight. (I will)
1. … see you tomorrow. (We will)
2. … probably get a letter today. (You will)
3. Mary is tired tonight. … probably go to bed early. (She will)
4. Dan has a cold. … probably stay at home today. (He will)
5. … probably be too cold to go swimming tomorrow. (It will)
6. I have invited some guests. … probably arrive at seven. (They will)
5.16. Make the following sentences negative (-) or questions (?), as in the
Model: – He will see you tomorrow. (?)
– Will he see you tomorrow?
– The weather will change soon. (–)
– The weather won’t change soon.
1. The summer will be hot this year. (–)
2. She will refuse your invitation. (?)
3. You will get the telegram later. (–)
4. She will meet you tomorrow. (?)
5. I will forget about it. (–)
6. He will come to lunch. (?)
7. I will forgive her. (–)
8. It will rain in the evening. (–)
9. They will be very angry. (?)
10. I will ask him about it. (?)
Use of Future Simple Tense
1. Facts in the future:
They will have English lessons twice a week.
2. Instant decisions:
‘Jane, I’m hungry.’ ‘I’ll make you a sandwich.’
3. Promising or refusing to do something:
I’ll send you a letter.
OK, I will really stop smoking.
I won’t help you.